Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
That's a beautiful collection alright, but he will never see 5 grand from it... I know I have 3 vintage cases full and 2 MOY cases full, and I wouldn't even consider taking 5 grand for them... (not saying they are worth it) I don't have all the boxes, but do have alot... I wouldn't even know how to put a price on something I've collected for 50 years !!!

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's in New Zealand dollars. In US dollars it's more like 4000 but still too high for me and most people. He doesn't want to break up the collection but in New Zealand dollars he could easily make about 40-60 dollars per car plus box because the market here is like that. He would need patience though and relist unsold items many times.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Very nice. I saw a collection of old store stock Lesney like that on Ebay a long while back. I think the seller wanted about $2-3,000 USD for it. Whatever the price was, I recall it seeming very reasonable for as many minty boxed cars as there were. I don't know if it sold, but with enough patience, anyone who bought it could easily have turned a tidy profit reselling them individually. To the point of making most of your investment back on half of them.

Me, I would have kept most of them naturally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts