Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended a toy show today to, of course, look for slot cars. I also wanted to get rid of some die cast cars. I did not have a vendor table so I made a sign:
For Sale or Trade for slot Cars- Die Cast Cars. I was approached by a guy that had a friends slot cars he wanted to sell. We went to his car to look at them. I bought the lot for $10.00!!!! Yes, Ten Dollars!!

In there was this Lemon Yellow Aurora Vibrator Police Car!!

OK, so it's not mint.:D

Marty

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is an overal shot of what I got.

The AFX Baja Bug is almost mint with all 3 driving lights in tact!!
The 2 TYCO Camaros are in very good shape.
The TYCO Porsche is OK.
The AFX Javelin has been customized by soldering iron!!

There is a solid rivet T-Jet chassis in there somewhere.

Marty

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Nice snag.. and with the recent tutorials posted that lemon yellow barney fife car will be haulin them over in mayberry any dat now.. good score..!

Coach

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Great haul, that would have made my day. Love those vibe Fords. I can see the putty flowing now.....

I am going to do the same thing at an upcoming train show, except I'll have a small display (includes a RR crossing and a running train, so it fits). Got one Aurora mako shark last year, hope to have a bigger haul like yours this year!

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Few and far between

I'd love to try and fix that cop car. What a great score Marty. I love the unmolested pit kit treasure chests. There's usually a cool prize inside. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Marty said:
I attended a toy show today to, of course, look for slot cars. I also wanted to get rid of some die cast cars. I did not have a vendor table so I made a sign:
For Sale or Trade for slot Cars- Die Cast Cars. I was approached by a guy that had a friends slot cars he wanted to sell. We went to his car to look at them. I bought the lot for $10.00!!!! Yes, Ten Dollars!!

In there was this Lemon Yellow Aurora Vibrator Police Car!!

OK, so it's not mint.:D

Marty
So list it on Ebay as "some play ware"...
Scott (BTW, nice find on the box of stuff...)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
noddaz said:
So list it on

I was thinking more like:

"I don't know much about slot cars. This one looks to be in good shape."

or

"Ultra Rare!! Lemon Yellow Color!! Rated a "2" in Bob Beers guide!! Chassis posts good, side and trunk lettering good. Missing red light on top"

Marty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts