Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Good idea.

Wanna hear an easy way to get some of the parts earlier than you are supposed to?

You can choose any of your playable characters in the Free Play mode, right?
Well, the dark side characters are not buyable for a while in the game. If you

go to the bacta tanks and create Darth Maul using all black clothing, the cloak and giving him a red saber,

you can use that character in Free Play and use the force on all the places with the red glow.
:cool:

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I played the game on my regular Xbox, I was able to import my characters over from the first Lego Star Wars game. That wasn't an option that I saw on the Xbox 360.

I do like the above idea. It would have helped getting through Free Play faster.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here is something I discovered last night. If you spend the money to buy Ghost Anakin, he is able to wear at least the bounty hunter helmets and have mines. This made it easier to play the Jabba's Palace level since I didn't have to switch characters to go past the bounty hunter doors. If you switch to another character that can't wear the helmet it will come off and then when you switch back to Anakin will be able to use force powers again.

I wanted to get 100% Gamer Achivements, and this made going through this level much easier. Even with the helmet on, I couldn't get hit by anything.

If Ghost Anakin has bounty hunter helmet on - can use mines, fires blaster, and can open bounty hunter doors.

If Ghost Anakin has storm trooper helmet on - can still use light saber and can open Empirial doors.

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
IndyRC_Racer said:
When I played the game on my regular Xbox, I was able to import my characters over from the first Lego Star Wars game. That wasn't an option that I saw on the Xbox 360.

I do like the above idea. It would have helped getting through Free Play faster.

You can now purchase all the characters from the first LEGSO game on the Live Marketplace.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grrr, I never checked there - thanks for the info. That would have made playing through the game quicker. Plus playing the minikit level is fun with some of the 1st game ships.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If anyone needs any particular help with this game, feel free to ask me. I have already beat it. I achieved 100%. In order to get 100%, you not only need to do everything, but you have to buy everything as well.

One hint I will go ahead and say, is that on the character bonus levels, be a bounty hunter so that you can destroy those metallic objects. Also look out for purple studs which are worth 10,000. In order to actually beat the levels, you have to have invincibility. You will be destroyed every 30 seconds, and about 50,000 studs will spew out of you.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have the PS2 version, but I think they are both the same. Here is my question, how the heck do you build up enough cash for the X6, X8, etc?

I am like 88% though, but don't know where the heck to build that many studs.

Oh, and yes, I know about LEGO city.

Jerry

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
HookupsXXX4 said:
I have the PS2 version, but I think they are both the same. Here is my question, how the heck do you build up enough cash for the X6, X8, etc?

I am like 88% though, but don't know where the heck to build that many studs.

Oh, and yes, I know about LEGO city.

Jerry
You got to buy each multiplier and turn them all on. Each multipier multiplies eachother so if you have the x6 on and the x8, it is actually x46.

The real trick is to get the fountain going. (I forget if you get that by getting all the mini kits or all the stud bonuses)

It takes about 30-40 min after that to keep building up studs. As soon as you have enough, buy the next multipier and activate it. Your loot will grow fast.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
If you get all the gold bricks, you can then build the stud fountain outside of the cantina. You have to get all the True Jedi bonuses in story & freeplay, collect all the minikits, beat all the bounty hunter missions, play through super story in all 3 episodes, beat the minikit level in all 3 episodes, and beat the character bonus level in all 3 episodes. Takes a lot of work to get 100%, but well worth it.

Like the other person said, you can stack bonus mulipliers so 2x + 4x becomes 8x and so on. There is a good double bonus area in the Mos Eisley level that is the inside of a theater. Outside is a marquee with Star Wars on it. You have to use a astromech droid or the droid bounty hunter to get into this area. Once inside make sure to destroy everything including the movie screen. This level has a couple of double bonus areas, so you can build up studs quick if you are patient to play through it. Make sure when you play through it on free play that you have a bounty hunter so you don't have to build the AT-ST to get through the blocked gate.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Has anyone gotten all the achievements yet for the 360 version of this game yet? I'm at 960 achievement points and am having trouble with the Escape the Death Star level.

I've read online that the Tie Interceptor is good for the flying levels. I used it on the 1st Death Star level and was finally able to beat it without dying. Anyone have any tips on this level?

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
IndyRC_Racer said:
Has anyone gotten all the achievements yet for the 360 version of this game yet? I'm at 960 achievement points and am having trouble with the Escape the Death Star level.

I've read online that the Tie Interceptor is good for the flying levels. I used it on the 1st Death Star level and was finally able to beat it without dying. Anyone have any tips on this level?
I have not begun trying to do all the flying ones without dying. I did have an idea though. Not sure if it will work or not. I was going to try doing multi player and having the 2nd player do all the dangerous stuff and the first player could collect the hearts when needed.

I think the achievement is for 1 player to go without dying. I know when I was playing some regular missions, I accidentally killed the "second player" and I still got the achievement.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I actually just finished this game with all 1000 achievement point, the death star escape was by far the hardest to do without dying, it used a combination of ships, mostly the tie interceptor, but i did use one of the rebel ships, the one that can hold 5 torpedo's to get through some of locks that you need to blast. Biggest part of getting in was to keep spinning and shooting to avoid taking too much damage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.