Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
BANNED
8,207 Posts
I would applaud that if it were to come about. but, I think that is old news that was shelved for various reasons. seems I heard something about that series 3 or 4 years ago and then nothing else after.
there is always hope though and I will hold out hope that I am wrong and this is in the pipline.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I would still rather see T-Jet or AFX. If they did the dragsters like the originals I would try to get them. I'm just not that impressed with all the new 4-gear stuff.

Marty
Marysville, OH

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would applaud that if it were to come about. but, I think that is old news that was shelved for various reasons. seems I heard something about that series 3 or 4 years ago and then nothing else after.
there is always hope though and I will hold out hope that I am wrong and this is in the pipline.
I wasn't sure, maybe AW is listening to the positive comments...RM

·
Registered
195 Posts
They are coming out with a series of vintage funny cars and dragsters in 1/18th diecast in the next couple of months. They may have acquired the rights for slots too. The first one due out in diecast is Connie Kalitta's Bounty Hunter funny car.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Plus or minus 90 days... :rolleyes: :lol: I will say this has the potential to be a great thing, but it can also be a mess. Let's hope and try to stay positive that they get it 100% right.

Hints for the AW design team:
Look at pictures of real cars and make them look like them. Not just the car designs, but the stance, tires tucked inside, low to the ground, gnarly and mean.

Don't put goofy flames on them.
Don't put graffiti on them.
If you can't handle licensing fees for some particular driver, find one who is happy for a little exposure.
For those who do gripe, give us the underlying paint job without the name. We can make our own decals if need be. Maybe have a few with funky paint jobs, but have the side panel white so our decals will stand out better.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket. The T Jet and X traction fans are getting antsy for a few new models. Remember, not all of us like the size of the 4 gears, and not all of us have a drag strip.

·
Most Interesting Member
6,315 Posts
This is just what ive been hoping for on the drag racing stuff.
I recently bought a ton of diecast 64th scale 70s funny cars.
If they do as well as they have done on the modern pro stocks and funny cars,
we will be very pleased with the final product.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Oh, and one more thing. It takes the same amount of time and money to do it wrong as it takes to do it right. Think things out clearly in the design dept. before the manufacturing dept. takes over.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
These are happening. We're tooling new bodies for this program. Vintage Charger, Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger. More to come later in 2013. We have around 20,000-22,000 photos of late 60s thru 70s drag racing. The graphics replicate actual cars, not fantasy vehicles.

More to come as soon as test shots arrive.

Mike
AW

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
These are happening. We're tooling new bodies for this program. Vintage Charger, Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger. More to come later in 2013. We have around 20,000-22,000 photos of late 60s thru 70s drag racing. The graphics replicate actual cars, not fantasy vehicles.

More to come as soon as test shots arrive.

Mike
AW
That's great! What chassis?

Marty
Marysville, OH

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
These are 4Gear. Shorter XT or TJet chassis didn't fit the proportions of the longer funny car wheelbase. I don't know if we're making new rims for them in 2013 or not yet, but for sure the first ones will not. :wave:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
These are 4Gear. Shorter XT or TJet chassis didn't fit the proportions of the longer funny car wheelbase. I don't know if we're making new rims for them in 2013 or not yet, but for sure the first ones will not. :wave:
For drag racing I wouldn't mind a divorced front axle to make a longer wheelbase like the AFX Funny cars('Cuda, Pinto, Vette...). I would LOVE to see some T-Jet drag cars. AW already makes some great cars that with the proper graphics would be great drag cars. Challenger, 'Cuda, Charger and some of the Brand X cars.

Marty
Marysville, OH

·
Registered
128 Posts
Really excited about this. The more Mopars the better. In addition to the 1971-74 Chargers and 1970-74 Challengers, I hope the Cuda body is on the list as well (and 1968-70 Chargers, 1967-69 Barracudas, 1971-74 Satellites, 1970-74 Duster/Demon, etc...).

Here's one of my custom HO scale Mopar funnies. It is a highly modified AFX Cuda funny car with Troy Mead decals. Some of you may remember this from about 10 years ago on this board. The cars pops a wheelie at the hit of the throttle:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts