Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the recent Grand Opening of a really great carpet oval track in the area, I think they could have sold 4-5 Legends kits...

Of course, NO kits were available, so NO kits were sold... NO parts were available either, but luckily I didn't break anything...

Does ANYONE have word on Legends kits and parts? :confused:

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Better start looking for another class to run in,sounds like legends is all but dead,thanks to the ill managed CDI or is it bol(CDI)ink?

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about the "third party" companies that were going to produce "compatible" parts and/or kits...?????

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From the CDI web site...

We are back and ready to ship
Jamie Martin will begin his Dist/Dealer Rep duties for CDI starting Monday 7/19/04.
Since there are so many Shops out there it would be hard to contact them all right away.
If you would like to stock or sell CDI Prroduct email Jamie at
[email protected]
and make sure you include your Shop name, phone number, contact name, and the best
time to call and he will get back to you as soon as possible.

We hope to have the Web site up this weekend,
Thanks for your patience.
Is it just me, or does that sound oddly familiar......?

Sort of a 'deja vu' kind of thing.....?

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
I know this may be a crazy question, but does anyone have an extra chassis side plate and front axle plate that they would let be borrow for a couple weeks? I may just be able to get a few 100 of them made... at least those are the major parts needed... anything else that is in major need?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Better watch out Hank, CDI might sue you. lol Cindy said on a differant site that they were waiting for "the other company" to make parts or kits so they could "take care" of it. I don't know why they are still laging on the legand stuff.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I hear ya Hank! I don't know what they were waiting for. I hope they release something soon so these guy's are not hung out to dry anymore.

·
Registered
58 Posts
N E one in the need of Legend kits give Big Jim at Pro Hobbies and Speedway the # is 407-886-4615 he got a lot of parts and some kits

·
Registered
898 Posts
You could make parts for the Sprint car that Bolink made, They work for the legend. Then your not officially making Legend parts.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I'd be interested in producing replacement parts to help those with these cars. I am all for supporting this hobby and the legends cars if other companies are not interested in supporting this class anymore.

Eric Dimmick
Darkside Motorsports
[email protected]

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know for a fact that 600 Racing the full scale manufacture has signed an agreement for licencing with another R/C Company.. I know this first hand as I compleate in the INEX Hardee's Summer shootout series. I heard this info right from the 600 marketing folks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Guys, I have tried to be as PC about this as I can but for some reason you just want to fight and not listen. We bought the Body molds from Bolink. After the fact we kicked around the idea of getting the Legends line. Since, as we have stated many of time, we have decided to put that on the back burner and let Steve fight this fight. There are plenty of parts on his ebay store. He is not allowed on HobbyTalk anymore but can be reached at [email protected]. This will be my last post on here, I can be reached through our web page if you would like to ask a question. Jamie will be by to help with tech questions and customer support.

Thanks

Cindy Irby
CDI Racing Products
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 142 Posts