Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Basic 1:43 scale models with the minimum of detail. Probably Ixo being a part work. There are quite a few in the series. I got to 31 before they pulled the pin due to poor sales locally.

19. Renault Alpine A110.

·
Administrator
35,966 Posts
Looks fast as mounted with the front wheels in the air! 🤙

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Opel P4. Again a basic model that comes across nicely with limited detail. License plate is the only tampo. There is a luggage rack at rear, a spare tyre and reasonable interior. Body is metal, fenders are plastic and are part of the base. Scale is 1:43.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lincoln Continental. There is a lot going on here and not all good. Basic but attractive 1:43 scale with lots of detail which I think is half the problem. Front bumper is thin plastic and has lots of movement. Fragile. This also goes for the hood ornament. Also the windscreen frame which on my example has broken away. The interior is sculpted so that the folded top would sit lower but it doesn't. Whoever sculpted that was not talking to the other guy. The License plate is Oklahoma 1941 but the holder to use that word again is fragile. Not sure whether the side mirrors should stick out that far but on my example they are a problem. On the drivers side the door has a lot of glue spread across it and a smear of silver where the mirror first made contact. The passenger door around the mirror also has glue smear but not as much.
Verdict I think it would be difficult to find one without an error somewhere.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
26. Mercury Cougar. Nice honest model with good details. Scale is smaller than usual at 1:46. My example has that little extra. If you look closely at the front of the hood in the centre there is a smear of silver paint that shouldn't be there.

·
Administrator
35,966 Posts
Too bad about all the factory build mishaps but even with you specifically listing where they are - they are not that evident in the photos. All of them look nice - even the Cougar but I especially like the Tucker. 🤙

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
12. Fiat 124 Sport Spider. 1967 model. Scale is 1:43. Really nicely done this one. Chrome trim all over, woodgrain dashboard, wooden sports steering wheel and appropriate looking wheels. Side mirror looks a little large but what do I know.

·
Administrator
35,966 Posts
You do seem to know a lot! And did notice that the side mirror is a larger scale! It is mounted in the proper place though!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
30. 1952 GAZ 12 ZIM. Honest large 1:43 scale model. Interior looks good although that chrome steering wheel may be a bit cold to hang on to during the Russian winters. My example has a couple flaws. Missing tail light and the rear bumper is loose.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
31. Aston Martin DB4. One of the well weighted models in the series. Scale is 1:43. Detail is good and interior looks luxurious. I have always thought the roofline is fractionally lower than it should be but who would chopped such a fine vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts