Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi Guys,

This is slightly off topic but may be of interest to those who want to know more about electronics to use in your models.
Lots of people are scared of using LEDs and are really scared when it comes to microcontrollers..

I came across: this Tron-Club? Subscription Circuit Building Kits
These guys produce monthly electronics circuit building kits for US$25/month.

They tell you how to use and flash LEDs and spin motors. They also do microcontrollers that you program up to flash LEDs etc.

I am not associated with TronClub, nor have I ever used their products but I saw a quick look done by Dave Jones from the EEVBlog as part of his 'Mail Bag' segment. Dave is an electronics design engineer and is certainly not afraid to say exactly what he thinks about electronic products.
Yes, Dave is an Aussie so that's why he talks funny..

You can see Daves unboxing and review here:

It looks really good..

Alien

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Go to about 5 minutes and 40 seconds..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well shared, thanks for that! I remember when I first started using products from TronClub because I was interested in studying this topic and understanding electronics more than my older brother who spent his entire life among wires and spare parts from generators. That is why I found the pcb manufacturing process and began to delve into the knowledge of electronics because today it is an important component of our life and a lot around. Thank you for sharing the video, I will definitely follow what Dave posts on YouTube

·
Registered
834 Posts
Does anyone know if Tron Club still is active. It appears to be so on their webpage, but I wrote at their email address a week ago and there has been no response.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if Tron Club still is active. It appears to be so on their webpage, but I wrote at their email address a week ago and there has been no response.
Hi,
I am DiTh.
I subscribed to Tronclub- Beginner since Dec 2017 and the last kit I received was on March 2018,when I received the fourth kit.
On November 2018 I subscribed to Tronclub Advanced and until October 2019 I received 3 kits.
I NEVER received my money back from fifth kit (Beginner) and fourth kit (Advanced) since it past over six month and paypal does not comeback your money in this occasion.
I have tried to communicate a lot of times with Tronclub via Facebook or email: but with no result.
Also I have tried to communicate with the founder of Tronclub: Gregory Launay but he never replied to me.
To be honest I was really excited from the kits and I learned a lot.
It combines theory and practice.
I believe that Tronclub exists but face some problems.
I appreciate that it will send you several kits, like me.
If I were you I would order (monthly subscription, not yearly) kits and I would be careful if the time past over five months to talk with paypal to get my money back.
Best regards
DiTh (a man who loves electronics)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts