Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
973 Posts
Brian, I am sure that many of the LE guys would be more than willing to help you out. But, you if ask for a basic set-up info on a hypothetical track size, I think that they might be a little puzzled about exactly what info to provide you. So if ya can, I'd start with an actual track configuration, (ie. size, runline, corners, banking, type of surface, traction compound used, etc.) and then ask for the more precise info that you would like to get; ie. front springs, , tire choice, front to back spring and shock, side springs and shocks, caster, camber, ride height, rake, king pins and lube, front wheel and axle spacing, rollout, etc. etc. If this sounds like a a little too much detail, perhaps you might talk to an LE driver at your local track who seems to have a good handle on that track that day and ask him or her what is working well. I have met and know a lot of LE drivers, I am pretty sure that most of them would not mind giving you a few on the spot ideas.

· Registered
973 Posts
So there you go Brian; right from an A-main Leading Edge driver at this past weekend's BRL race in Fort Wayne. I know Dave, I saw how his car ran, and I know how hard he works at race set ups. Dave has owned serveral LE cars, and he is always very competitive in 4300 brushless. But again as he notes: this "Should be a good starting point and you will need to adjust from there...." to make it your car and to get the feel of the car that YOU are looking for. Now, I doubt that all other LE drivers will set their cars up exactly like Dave has, but I also feel pretty confident in saying that none of those same guys would likely tell you that Dave's set up suggestions can not work for you. If you have an LE car now, enjoy it--you have a selected a fine race car. There have been a number of LE cars in my family for some time, and the driver of those cars consistently makes his father, (the "Oldguy") very proud. LE products flat out work !! Best regards Brian, and good racin to ya.

· Registered
973 Posts
Ditto: "Way to go Colts" Yes, the LE cars running in Michigan are not only very fast, but they are also very, very stout. An major Enduro event was run at the Extreme Cellar track in Bay City, Mich. on Saturday, and the majority of cars on the track were an LE chassis. The race was a blast and consisted of five teams of four drivers each (1 4300 car and 3 13.5 cars). The teams ran three segements of 600 laps each. Between each segment we ran a 600 lap Legends Enduro consisting of three 200 lap segments. The overall top point taker for the 1800 Enduro race was none other than LE driver, Keith Racknor. The weather outside was frigid, but the competition inside was hot; good times were had by all. Jamie was there in spirit once again, and I think that we were all home in time to see the big game. Once again, Pat's place at the Cellar is a great place to spend winter weekend racedays, and a big thanks and a tip of the hat goes out to Pat once again.

· Registered
973 Posts
There has been some quality oval racing taking place here in the midwest over the past few months with the BRL series and some great local track action. That, coupled with an ugly economy and the expense of a week at the Birds has caused some of the LE Birds faithful to miss this years event; I think. Plus, I know of a few of guys with new jobs (or worse yet, no jobs) and no accrued vacation time.

· Registered
973 Posts
He may be a little "Older" or more Senior than some on this thread, but Keith R. is still considered to be one of the key "Wisemen" and a "Teacher" by many at the RC tracks in the Mid-west. But a simple word of caution may be in order: When you "mess" with Keith these days, you just might be messing with fire. And as an aside; among the LE faithful, my thought is that Butch (with all due respect) may still hold the title of "Ranking Senior"-- and ya don't wanta mess too much with him either.

· Registered
973 Posts
As regards Keith and Dave, I think that maybe this is not too good of an idea, J. I'm sure that we would all like them to join in some fun, but I don't think that either will be too thrilled about their potential, threatened fates if they were to show-up ringside following a public (and confirmed) proclaimation of the events of which you write. Besides, they both have to be on their very best games to run well in the All Star Challenge events. Caution be to those who dare to temper with thier Edge(s). My 2 cents only.

· Registered
973 Posts
Thanks again, Dave. Jamie's LE car was GREAT all weekend at the BRL finals. I think that Jamie was the only one to run three 87 lap qualifiers, and he was just an eye-blink away from P1 in the 4300 class. It honestly broke my heart to see his A-main run get busted so quickly in the first turn of the first lap. Nevertheless his dad is very proud of his work, sportmanship and accomplishments. Rochester, Illinois was a long hike from Frederick, Maryland, but it was great to race once again with you, the LE guys and our forever Michigan, freinds, Keith and Greg. LEADING EDGE ROCKS !!!

· Registered
973 Posts
Jamie's Leading Edge cars, running on TM tires, with OHP batteries and motors, and ORC T-plates and Zubie products were pretty stout at the Steel City Nats this past weekend. Two TQs. one first place finish (4300) and one second place finish (stock) and a new track record in stock. Great drivers, at great race track, and a fun racin weekend--glad that I was there.

· Registered
973 Posts
Bill, I'm sorry that you could not make Pittsburgh. I was looking forward to meeting you. I really hope that the nice weather holds in the East, and that you guys have a great race weekend. At least as of Sunday afternoon, I know that Jamie was looking forward to a good time at Seaford; but I don't know what his workweek has in store for him. Just a headsup; Jamie loves to win, BUT he also loves to chase closly (and then win). Best regards, and I look forward to meeting you at a later date. Jim

· Registered
973 Posts
Jason, that is very kind; thank you. It was indeed a wonderful weekend at Freddie's Arcor Worlds oval race this weekend. Jamie and I both wish that you and the entire LE team and friends could have made this trip. This track is nothing short of FANTASTIC. You guys (and gals) MUST visit Ravenna, Ohio to see what Freddie has done. I don't think that there is any other place in the mid-west quite like it. If ya like outdoor oval racing in the summer, THIS is the place. Hope all is going well for ya in Hoosierland.

· Registered
973 Posts
"Honda Man" has does some fantastic work for Jamie's Leading Edge cars, Losi sedans, and 1/12 scale rides also. He is a rather unassuming, quiet guy with a very creative eye, and he is master with the airbrush in our opinion..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.