Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Yeah.....What Davz said. The grid speaks for itself. In a very stout field of guys, the Executioner was quite awesome. Dave W was fast in 13.5, but had some bad luck. It was a domino effect, and some people caught the end of it.

Dave, the slider is one of the best cars yet. Keep it up buddy.

· Premium Member
1,437 Posts
I was happy to see John B get a leading edge car. It was disapointing to see him jump ship so soon. However, he has to do what he feels is best for him. I am sure Barry Hill made an offer he could not turn down. However, I know John first hand. He is a hell of a guy and a top notch racer. If he ever decides to run an LE again I will be there to help as much as possible. John, hopefully we will see you as Kranzels.

· Premium Member
1,437 Posts
When you say pod angle, are you talking about rear steer or pod droop? If you are talking rear steer for Mount P or Bay City, I say run a .5 degree. Any larger track maybe 1/3 degree. It all depends on what the car does. It you feel that the car turns in well but scrubs at the same time, back off the rear steer. Give me a call and I might be able to explain it better.

989-205-8456

· Premium Member
1,437 Posts
The center mount changes where the shock puts the load on the car. If you move the mount forward, the preasure point is closer to the front, in turn causing more steering.
The effect your feeling Scott is weight transfer from the rear of the car to the front of the car. Basic rule..... the more weight that is in the back to begin with, the more that gets shifted forward when letting off the gas. Since moving the batteries on the lightning is a jump, one thing to do is lower the shock angle in the center. If you draw an imaginary line to mimic the center shock, picture where in out in front of the car it would hit the carpet. The further out it is, the more steering there will be. That point is where the weight is shifted to when letting off the gas. Lower the shock angle and it brings that point back a little closer to the rear of a car which will give you less steering when getting off power.

· Premium Member
1,437 Posts
That depends on the class and the track. If it is an outdoor banked asphalt track, I ALWAYS run an offset t-bar and centered pod. If it is a snowbird size track the I run that setup in stock only. If it is 19turn (4300) I run a centered t-bar, offset pod (the old style top and bottom plate). If we are talking a real hairpin tight track. I always run the centered t-plate and offset pod no matter what class it is.

· Premium Member
1,437 Posts
I have run the Lightning on caps and it is awesome. I can not speak for the Executioner though. It is hard to say until someone trys it.
I ran a lightningat the Custom Works race on a banked track this weekend on foams and it was awesome if that helps.

· Premium Member
1,437 Posts
A few people have asked about my setup from the Steel City Hobbies National race a month back (4300 setup). Sorry it has taken so long but here it is.

Lightning chassis with the old style rear top and bottom plates.
--RF: Red progressive spring/ 4 degrees castor / -1 degree camber / G6 tire
--LF: Red Std spring / 2 degrees castor / +1 camber / white tire
--LR: Silver spring / 50 weight / white tire
--RR silver spring / 50 weight / Gray tire

Other notes: I ran the Windtunnel front end springs in this car. Center shock was an HPI with a #2 piston and 70 weight oil. I always run the ORC Super Soft T-bar. The car had stock front castor blocks. Just enough preload in the front so there is just a touch of sag in the left. The car ran a centered t-bar with the pod offset to the felt. Left rear wheel in as far as I could get it and the wide right side hub with no axle spacing.
I ran the T-HD body.

This is the setup I run everywhere for a starting point minus the tire combo. I ran this SAME setup and Seaford, DE except for a tire change.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.