Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
youtube.com/watch?v=iMRXZebSnZo

Above is a link to a youtube video of me trying to start my lawnmower.

My wife decided to try and mow the lawn. She attempted to mow a section of the lawn that is SOAKED. I walk on it and my foot sinks about 4-5 inches in wet mush. When she did this, the lawnmower stopped and since then has not been starting. I do not know if the two things are related, but I typically avoid that section of the lawn during this part of the year just in case.

Any ideas what is going on? I charged the battery but aside from that I don't have a whole lot of mechanical knowledge.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Cannot see the video it does not show up and the link you posted does not work.

If the grass was very wet, then it's likely packed under the mower deck and needs to be cleaned out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no grass under the deck. That was the first thing i checked.

youtube.com/watch?v=iMRXZebSnZo

Had the period in the wrong place on the video. Here is the correct link. I also edited the OP.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Ok, had no idea it was a riding mower, as grass under the deck would make no difference. I would check the spark plug and see if it's getting spark when cranked. Also make sure fuel is getting to carburetor, and if this engine has an after fire solenoid on the bottom of the carburetor, that it's plugged in and getting power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, had no idea it was a riding mower, as grass under the deck would make no difference. I would check the spark plug and see if it's getting spark when cranked. Also make sure fuel is getting to carburetor, and if this engine has an after fire solenoid on the bottom of the carburetor, that it's plugged in and getting power.
Any tips on how to do any of that? I am not too mechanical but can follow directions.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
You might just try putting about a teaspoon worth of fuel down the air intake to the carburetor and then crank the engine and see if it will try and start. This will tell you if you have spark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts