Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was just laughing at myself today... and maybe a few are also quilty of this here...

saw a couple new cars at the store today, namely about 3 of the new Chevy Thunder Orange Camaros... and was thinking..' now what made these a WL? oh yeah, white wheels..someone said you'll never see those hanging when the scalpers see those wheels!..'

...then I thought about a couple posts... saying 'wow, those CG WL's suck! white interior and tinted windows? that doesn't look good...'

now the laugh part, I said the same thing but what do you want?!? if PM makes them, well, cool, I guess (not very realistic tho, which is why I like JL...) and puts white tires and/ or white hubs.. guess what? everyone grabs the white hub cars whether they are WL's or not!.... and the stealth ones... the ones you have to know what they are to find them? ...and the ones we find more of... those are the ones we complain about! :rolleyes:
:jest:

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
It's a catch 22 for sure. I don't like the white interior/white base WLs because they aren't really different enough to display side by side. However, those with these attributes are more likely to be overlooked by non collectors and cheaper to buy on the secondary market.

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
The wl written on the tires sometimes slip through to, I guess Scalpers get tired of reading or become acustom to the real rubber tire writting. Pm has to continue the practice of mixing it up or the regular folks wouldn't find them. I also like the unmatching photo card or just a plain interior variation. Any diversion helps! All this for a guy that hasn't found a WL in over 22 months - well over a year and a half - almost 2 years :eek:

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
RacerJoe said:
The wl written on the tires sometimes slip through to
I found a White Lightning Hot Rod primer Nova hanging on a peg strip a few months back. There were four cars left on the strip, two of the Novas, and two Volkswagen Microbuses. I saw writing on the tires of the Nova ("I wonder of these are Goodyear or BF Goodrich?") and went in for a closer look, thinking they'd make good tire donors. Well, "White Lightning" brand tires are hard to find, so I grabbed it. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts