Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got these pics from Joe and thought you would like to see them. This will be the next in the line of Aurora scale beasties. Comments welcome. Thanks. John

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
The movie was also titled "Night of the Demon" with "Curse" being the US reissue title
Curse, schmurse - I want that model!

Facto2 said:
...This will be the next in the line of Aurora scale beasties.
You covered a lot of ground in one sentence there, John. For example, the Stonehenge rocks look to me to be smaller than the figure of Professor Harrington (or is that Karswell?), just as Aurora's fay Wray figure towered above the palms on King Kong's base. We can probably get a truer idea of the model's scale from the height of the Karswell (or is that Professor Harrington?) figure, if you could supply that measurement.

Or, I suppose we could just ask Mr. Laudati for the scale in which he created the sculpture, but what fun would that be?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Awesome sculpt, I just bought the DVD with both versions of this movie, still a great movie after all this time, I hope they don't try to do a remake of it. Karl

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Very nice sculpt.
I thought I had read, and just confirmed on IMDB, that the director didn't plan on showing the demon, but was pressured to do so by the studio. Interesting how something unintended became so iconic!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Awesome sculpt ! The movie was also titled "Night of the Demon" with "Curse" being the US reissue title
"Night of the Demon" is the longer version, having scenes that were cut from "Curse". I watch this movie every Halloween season, I love it.

I love Dana Andrews in this, he is so unlikeable in the beginning. He was the perfect rational man who had no patience with with anyone that he feels does not have rational views. Then he runs into the irrational.

But about the sculpt, where is the zipper?

David.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
And again you guys come out with a winner! Now I have to find the movie! I think I have it but not sure. And I didn't know there were 2 movies.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL. That makes my head hurt. But good points. I'll put it like this, the figure is about ten inches tall. :eek:

You covered a lot of ground in one sentence there, John. For example, the Stonehenge rocks look to me to be smaller than the figure of Professor Harrington (or is that Karswell?), just as Aurora's fay Wray figure towered above the palms on King Kong's base. We can probably get a truer idea of the model's scale from the height of the Karswell (or is that Professor Harrington?) figure, if you could supply that measurement.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Talked to Joe and there will be a "Night" name plate as well. Modeler will be able to choose which one he or she wants to use.

Awesome sculpt ! The movie was also titled "Night of the Demon" with "Curse" being the US reissue title

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
"Night of the Demon" is the longer version, having scenes that were cut from "Curse...But about the sculpt, where is the zipper?
K,

The longer version is on the DVD that John mentions. There's only about 8 minutes of new stuff, nothing too exciting. The Demon was essentially a puppet, so you wouldn't expect to see a zipper. Wires or other gadgetry, maybe - but no zipper. Of course, there's nothing to stop you from adding one if you want...

Facto2 said:
...the figure is about ten inches tall.
Sorry about your head, John.

As it turns out Aurora's Kong is ten inches tall, when you measure the model from head to foot (not his height in his crouched stance). The Fay Wray figure is 2-1/2" high, which given her actual height of sixty-three inches, makes the Aurora model about 1/25 scale. So your model will be pretty close to Kong's scale.

Not that it matters much, because this'll look sweet on a shelf no matter what scale it is.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
K,

The longer version is on the DVD that John mentions. There's only about 8 minutes of new stuff, nothing too exciting. The Demon was essentially a puppet, so you wouldn't expect to see a zipper. Wires or other gadgetry, maybe - but no zipper. Of course, there's nothing to stop you from adding one if you want...

No effects or Demon scenes, mostly DA visiting the family of the man on trial for murder, but interesting never the less. That is the version I watch every year. It would be interesting to see a version without seeing the Demon, just the effect the curse has on people.

I thought that the Demon was both a puppet, and a partial costume. There were a couple of books that claimed that you could see the zipper on the back of the costume. I never have, but perhaps I haven't looked close enough.

David.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts