Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody have a source (not necassarily in the R/C industry even) for a lathe motor for a Team Cobra AC tire lathe? Apparently I just toasted mine and I can't find anyplace that carries them. :( I even looked up the company that is listed on the motor one time to try and find someplace that carried the motor but no luck.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent an email to Cobra last night to find out if I can order one direct from them but haven't heard anything yet. It just seems that since this is "basically" a sweeper motor someone might have another source for them since we all know what the "markup" is like in the R/C industry. :)

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to get the make and # off the motor and post it Sunday. I want to say it's made by Ametec??

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's made by Ametek Specialty Motors.......part#R5409-31 and is rated at 100/120v......50/80hz.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I found 3 motors at Grainger. Do a search for "Ametek Rotron". Then choose "Brushless DC Motors". There are 3 AC/DC motors. I would link to it but Grainger won't let you. :mad: Hope this helps.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.......I'll have a looksee.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The size seems to match up with one of the ones they have listed so I have one ordered to try. I HOPE it works out. :)

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The one I just received is rated at 20,000. :eek: I do believe it's gonna work however as the one on there REALLY spun up before. Might try putting a fan in the bottom with it to try and keep the heat down under load. My only screw up was they had this one listed (8-32 screws) and another with mounts for 10-32 screws. Guess which one I SHOULD have gotten? :rolleyes: Oh well.......a trip to the hardware it is. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts