Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mopedstud and I hit this Walmart every. iChat and every morning on our way to work. Been so anxious to see these n case cars and we finally got to :)

Only bad part...not 1 super :( same store as last month when I built the m case bin and not 1 super either. Can't win them all!!

Happy collecting guys and gals

Found these earlier in the day

Moped "Joe Mattel" stud doing work

End result. Left a hunt behind and the rest are up for grabs you guys :)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Congrats on seeing a new Dump Bin... In my area these get raided before ever hitting the floor as the employees would hit them first or they let the Swap Meeters raid them. I

gave up on HWs as its too hard to beat the insiders to be the first to look through the cars.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
I'm getting pretty tired of seeing these threads.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No one told you to view the thread?? Don't be a poor sport and rain on our parade. And just so u know when I find all these, I keep one and give the rest away to all the guys on here that can't find them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
No one told you to view the thread?? Don't be a poor sport and rain on our parade. And just so u know when I find all these, I keep one and give the rest away to all the guys on here that can't find them.
I can attest to that. I think I have 10 TH's now and 7 of them came from
Dc2chump. Even the gokart and TH in the top picture he handed me yesterday for a couple of cars I picked up for him. Like he said hes spreading the wealth to those of us that arent as lucky and for that Im grateful. At least hes not on ebay trying to make a profit of of it!

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
I can view and post just as freely as you can.

And good to know, Robin Hood of Diecast.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Nice haul! :thumbsup: I never find TH's in my Wal-Mart. I talked with the manager today and he said some guy stands by the door EVERYDAY waiting for them to open and takes all the TH's :mad:

It's nice you help others out :thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
What's wrong with these threads? Everyone here does them..if you feel left out, go out hunting, and the guy does give away alot of th's to people, so what is the problem, is it jealousy? Like the man said, if you don't like it, ya don't have to read, and no one is bothered by these threads in the m2, gl or jl sections, it's all congrats, and ooh and ahhh, in this section, you find something good ,or alot of them, you are a bad person , or so forth...that's just wrong, just because you don't have a parade, don't rain on someone elses..

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
It's a topic that's been beat to death; whether or not they're "scalping" or they are "door warmers" or finding them for "tradebait" or for the people who can't find them or whatever. Just numerous threads with numerous duplicates of THs annoy me and I felt like being vocal this time. I'm just speaking my mind.

And I'm not jealous, FWIW.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Congrats on seeing a new Dump Bin... In my area these get raided before ever hitting the floor as the employees would hit them first or they let the Swap Meeters raid them. I

gave up on HWs as its too hard to beat the insiders to be the first to look through the cars.
Yup...around here the cases seem to have radar beacons that draw the dregs from miles around to come sniffing. Which is why I'm always amazed how many of you manage to open cases and nobody else shows up (wouldn't happen here!). When you're told by no less than four employees (at different instances) at a single Walmart that "you're wasting your time looking at those", you know there's a problem.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Yup...around here the cases seem to have radar beacons that draw the dregs from miles around to come sniffing. Which is why I'm always amazed how many of you manage to open cases and nobody else shows up (wouldn't happen here!). When you're told by no less than four employees (at different instances) at a single Walmart that "you're wasting your time looking at those", you know there's a problem.
Yesssss, It takes the wind out of many peoples sails when a dump bin gets picked over before ever seeing the sales floor. Its great when a Hobbytalker does pick up everything to share with us here on the board as many of us do not see THs or alot of the newer stuff people grab before the bin hits the floor.

Wait till the Mystery Machine hits the pegs... These will be hoarded by people who do not collect.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Ah, that's where they are wrong. Th's are cool, but they are not the reason for collecting. It's cool that DC2chump is getting them and offering them up here but they are not the whole hobby. I too go looking for them, but not just for Hunts. I don't leave mad and frustrated if I don't find any. I DO get frustrated when the same stores don't bring in new stock for months on end. Where was I?
Oh yeah. NICE HAUL!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
If it wasn't for you guys posting photos of them I would think they didn't exist in stores. I have a better chance of finding pigs flying than finding a TH. Not that it really matters, I usually pick them up on Ebay after it's no longer the hottest thing for a few bucks a piece. And even paying more on a Super is better than wasting my time driving around looking for something I won't find.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have 2 walmarts in my route to work that is open 24 hours, no need for door warming. Ad you can tell in the picture the bin was brought out to us already built. All I do is ask if they've received they're shipment and if the say let me go get it well than sweet. But remember if I'm not the one grabbing them all and sharing with all you guys, the next guy is going to grab them all, list them at a much higher price and not care about his fellow collectors. I've not once sold a hotwheel for profit and I never intend to. I put in a lot of time,gas, money and effort into this hobby and share my scores as often as I can. So once again sorry if you took offense to this thread but you completely misjudged my intentions.

Happy hunting you guys
Blane

·
Banned
255 Posts
I have 2 walmarts in my route to work that is open 24 hours, no need for door warming. Ad you can tell in the picture the bin was brought out to us already built. All I do is ask if they've received they're shipment and if the say let me go get it well than sweet. But remember if I'm not the one grabbing them all and sharing with all you guys, the next guy is going to grab them all, list them at a much higher price and not care about his fellow collectors. I've not once sold a hotwheel for profit and I never intend to. I put in a lot of time,gas, money and effort into this hobby and share my scores as often as I can. So once again sorry if you took offense to this thread but you completely misjudged my intentions.

Happy hunting you guys
Blane

Then let the other guy do it. Don't do it cause the next guy will. Be your own person.
If you take them all I don't care if you keep them, trade them, sell them or pass them out at church, you're the same as everybody else.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts