Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone said there is a LATE MODEL BODY that fits the SC10 - SLASH type trucks...

Is this simply the 1/8th scale DLM body, or is there something else (hopefully a little cheaper?)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know that the Losi 1/8 scale DLM bodies will fit. The Ofna DLM body will fit too.

added to answer the post below mine.......... They are pretty close WB and length wise. But they are 1/2" wider than they need to be, but they look ok once ya get used to them.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking...asked the LHS guy and he thought they were way off!

(The two cars looked awful close in WB and Length to me.)

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
If you are going to run a LM body on a slash (I've done this) you can take advantage of the body width discrepancy by running 2.2" Electric Rustler rear wheels on the left side and 2.2" Electric Rustler front wheels on the right side, thus offsetting the chassis because of the different offsets between the front an rear wheels. (Done this too.)

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
has anyone else have any pic of changin their slashes to latemodels ,, i have seen the pics of a allumium chassis, but was woundering if you could do it with out having to buy another chassis,,

·
Registered
342 Posts
it can be done with the stock chassis, a buddy of mine has a 1/8th late model ofna body and we just placed it on his slash to check it out, and it fits great. flip the front bumper upside down (or take it off), and it looks like you could even use the factory slash body mounts from the way it set on there....

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Here in Fort Wayne we have a few guys talking about Slash 4x4s with 1/8 Latemodel bodies for our dirt oval. I think this is going to be very popular.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
i was at the race last night in golden isles in brunswick ga, i was looking around and in the jimmy owens tshirt trailor and they had a 1/8 lm and a losi mini lm done up with wraps,, man them 1/8 scale lm models look cool as the kat me-aw. i have bought a slach on here , with 1/8 wheels , and aka adpators.. cant wait to get this project strarted.. oh yeah Bloomquist won the show last night started 8th. was a great race to watch.

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Summit Raceway 2010 Dirt Class Rules

Summit Raceway 2010 Summer Dirt Class Rules: 1/10 Slider Winged Sprintcar Batteries: 2S Lipo - 2400 mah Peak or Team Orion and 2600 mah Dynamite. Motor: Original or optional brushless ROAR approved 17.5 motors. Speed control: Original or Novak Havoc, XBR, GTB or LRP part number 80100, 80150 brushless speed controls. Modifications: Optional springs, Losi optional hard compound tires and CVDs, shock oil, pinion gear, battery connectors. Additional weight may be added to the inside of the car. 1/8 4WD Latemodel Bodies: Any 1/8 scale Latemodel body. Batteries: 2S Lipo or 6 cell Nimh ROAR approved Tires and wheels: Ofna Pt# 86505 and Losi GRP or DLM2 Chassis: Slash 4WD short coarse truck Motors: Open Mod. 1/10 2WD Short Coarse Truck Must use original tires and parts from each manufactuer unless otherwise noted. Speed control: Original or Novak Havoc, XBR, GTB or LRP part number 80100, 80150. Motor: Standard kit or optional brushless ROAR approved 17.5 motors. Batteries: 2S Lipo or 6 cell Nimh ROAR approved. 1/10 4WD Short Coarse Truck This class will use 4WD Short Coarse Truck chassis, Open Mod. motors, 2S Lipos or 6 cell Nimh ROAR approved batteries, and short course truck tires. Race Directors will have ultimate authority over rules enforcement. The primary basis for any rules decision must be based on what will be best for the majority of racers. If an item is not addressed in the rules listed here then you should assume it is not legal.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I' ve got pics. of my Slash 2wd My slash 4wd my HPI Blitz and my Associated SC-10 all switched over to DLM's.

Here ya go.

Slash 4wd.

Slash 2wd.

Blitz.

SC-10.

With just shock adjustments. Either shortening the front shocks or Lay out the front shocks on the 4wd slash. other than that they work well both on blacktop and My bumpy side yard.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have a few questions for you guys who are already running the Slash in the DLM class.

- Are you guys lowering the cars at all to try to get rid of the excessive ground clearance? I'd think they'd handle a it better that way. (?)

If so, how are you doing it? Shorter springs?

- What are you doing for bumpers?

Who's got the best DLM body out there?

Your help is much appreciated.

Dale

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
When mounting the Stalker or Stalker SS, it is helpful to remove the rear body mount from the back of the shock tower and move it to the front. This will allow the mounts to come up through the roof and they will be straight not at an angle as they pass through the body.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nutz;

Thanks for the quick responce. I've got a dumb question for you - what's a Stalker & Stalker SS body? Who makes them? Got any photo's (I'm kinda new at this - sorry bud)

Dale

·
Registered
992 Posts
Dale,

I used fuel line tubing inside the shock body to lower my slash. It currently has cough 1/2" cough ride height which is what our track requires.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts