Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Enter the number, the link doesn't work.

Nice lot Brian!

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
lets see if this works

item # 250080298044 ------- THESE SLOT CARS ARE FROM THE 70S MOSTLY MOPAR 3 70 SUPER BIRDS RED WHITE AND BLUE, 2 69 DAYTONAS, PETTY BLUE AND YELLOW BOTH WINGS NEED REPAIR, 1 71 ROADRUNNER 71 CUDA. ALSO CHEVY TRUCK,CORVETTE,57 T-BIRD, ONLY 6 HAVE MOTORS UNDER THEM. CONDITION IS USED 12 BODYS IN ALL - winning bid = $22.05

6 chassis & 12 bodies ===== nice haul

Bob

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, not sure what happened with the link.......but anyways, here's the pic of what I snagged last night:

I can't wait to check out this stuff...... :thumbsup:

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
TX,
Congrats, I can't remeber the last time I step in a pile like that. Give us an update when you receive them.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: rr

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sethndaddy said:
the chassis alone are worth more then that, its like the bodies are all free

That's exactly how I looked at it too........ but I'm most excited about the bodies too....there are a few there that I didn't have.....

I'll have the excess stuff up for trade/sale whenever I get the lot in and determine what I don't need ;)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well guys, I got the auction lot in yesterday afternoon. Overall I'm pleased...but alot of the bodies had roof pillar issues......some repairable...some not. I'm most excited about the chassis......7 chassis total....and one bare.

As I suspected wth these being vintage...the tires are rotted bad. Does anyone know if the original AFX Magnatraction rear tires were solid rubber...or foam?

Does anyone perhaps know where to get some AFX rear tires? I'm not interested in silicones really at this time...just exact copy original type replacements.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks DLW :thumbsup:

As a sidenote....I tested all 7 chassis today...and all 7 came to life....and soon that fragrant aroma began to fill the room.....ahh, I love it! :tongue:

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
TX Street Racer said:
.................Does anyone perhaps know where to get some AFX rear tires? I'm not interested in silicones really at this time...just exact copy original type replacements.
Get some good "cones" too Brian. They look better! Every body has them. I like Weird Jacks tires, they true up easily and look very much like the original when the side wall is scuffed. They also provide a little slip on the track for a well controlled brodie. Frank the Racer offers a nice silicone as well. They're very tough/indestructible, but take some patience and tricks to true. They stick great but are unforgiving out of the corner if you like to hang the tail out. They have a nice shine as well. I also like these guys because they sell direct and in bulk. I never had a great love for the composite tires that came stock back in the day. Adequate for the day, but then again so were biased ply tires in 1:1 land eons ago. For your dollar no one thing will improve your fun more than some good "cones". If you really have to have NOS/OEM hides Check out tubtrack on fleabay. Bob has AFX stuff by the pound, fair prices, and ships fast.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Bill, normally I would run silicones....but with most of these AFX chassis I plan to use them as displays for my vintage AFX bodies....so I want them restored back to NOS condition.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts