Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got time to take these pictures and post this, here are the pics in case you aren't interested in the story, in case it gets too long! :D

I took the Thursday and Friday before Christmas off to start my shopping. :freak: Most of the time I spent trying to track down a Nintendo DS lite for my youngest. Had no luck with cars or DSs for those two days but put a nice dent in the shopping nonetheless.

Friday night my wife and I were heading out to shop, first time we went shopping together for Christmas this year. She suggested we go to a certain WM to pick up some items. I said I was already there that afternoon and didn't feel like going back, but I didn't have a choice since she had some ideas for presents that I didn't have, so off we went.

Well there were pallets everywhere that Friday night, and on one was a longer RC2 box, said JL Precision on the side. I wasn't sure what was inside, but after playing possum with a few employees I cut the sucker open and sure enough it revealed new JLs!

So, I dump the box in the cart, and make way for the area where the cars are in the toy dept. figuring I'll peg them. Well of course there were no pegs for JLs, so I drove to the nearest price checker thingy. Well I scanned a car, and it came up "Please see an associate for help".

Quickly depressed me but that was only the beginning. As I pushed the cars around checking them the one with the bright white tires was staring me down. Well I went back to the box, and put the other 11 cars back in. (Forgetting momentarily that I would need the regular issue, too!)

The store was closing shortly, so I figured I'd take my chances and see what happened. Well luck was on my side that night (for a change!) and the WL rang up $3.96 just fine! So I went back to the toy dept and looked around for the pallet with the cars, and it was moved, but I found it, and secured the regular issue pictured above.

Well that was a fortuitous trip to the store to say the least. Thanks to Xmas shopping and my wife's suggestion, I have 2 great new cars in the collection.

Happy New Year all and happy hunting!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nice story and SUPERB finds. I unfortuately left a box marked "precision" at WM because I just didn't realize what they were and of course, what did I miss ? The very white you have pictured above. Bummed like no tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Holy crap! That nice looking! Did you ever find a Nintendo DS? My wife wanted one so I ended up buying from evil bay. Spent about $30 more then if I found one in the store, but I got it before Xmas.

Long story short, the day after I bought the DS on the bay I was in wally world. I bought a few games and paid for them back in electronics. As I was walking around killing time and waiting for a friend to finish shopping I hear an announcement that they just received a shipment for DS's and to come to electronics if you want to buy one. Only one per customer. I should of bought another one then. Oh well, still looking for another one for me. No luck yet. :wave:

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jeep4x4 said:
Holy crap! That nice looking! Did you ever find a Nintendo DS? My wife wanted one so I ended up buying from evil bay. Spent about $30 more then if I found one in the store, but I got it before Xmas.

Long story short, the day after I bought the DS on the bay I was in wally world. I bought a few games and paid for them back in electronics. As I was walking around killing time and waiting for a friend to finish shopping I hear an announcement that they just received a shipment for DS's and to come to electronics if you want to buy one. Only one per customer. I should of bought another one then. Oh well, still looking for another one for me. No luck yet. :wave:
Yes, on a happy note, too, I had asked just about everyone I knew to keep their eyes open for one. As luck would have it all day Thursday and Friday, every store I went to early in the morning didn't get them, and the stores I went to later on got them in the morning and were sold out. Furthermore, one Target I was in at 8am and 3pm, got them in at 7pm and sold out before closing. My wife found this out at 7am the next morning. :freak:

So when it looked like it wasn't going to happen, we got a call at 5pm Saturday that one was secured for us. It was black, not pink, but I don't remember hearing any complaints about the color since it was opened. :wave:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
deja vu....i found the exact same car on december 22nd at about 7:00pm....the box was in the middle of the aisle and unopened....there was about 250 customers in the toy area but i was able to find an employee who was kind enough to let me stock the box for her :thumbsup:

oh, congrats on your find :wave:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Uummmmm, if ya wanna throw that in with what I am getting from you Mike that would be just fine with me. Ya know I might be able to find the new 2007 cars at the start of 2008 up here! No kidding here!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts