Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this today (they had 5 of them at my TRU). Looked pretty cool with the exclusive cars and such. $70 is steep ($3.33 a car).

A couple of questions about it:

1. How many were made?
2. Is the only thing exclusive about it is the 1 car in the center of the box, or are all the cars an exclusive paint job? I know the castings are the same as all the others (except the 1 car in the center of the box).
3. Will Larry's Garage (the collection) continue to go on? I ask because each series over the past year or so seems to be the same cars with just different paint schemes. However, I'm rather ignorant to what came before this.

Thanks for the help. It is much appreciated! :wave:

·
Registered
779 Posts
1. 5000 SETS
2. Paint colors exclusive to this set
3. This is the end of the Larry's Garage cars. (21 car box set)

Larrys Garage only had 30 different cars, each release had different paint.

The box set of classics that's coming out soon is the end of them also.
Those will be wal mart exclusives.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. 5000 SETS

Great, this was exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Gotta say, $80 is a little pricey, but they are really nice cars. Seeing it online it's easy to say "No", but holding one at TRU makes it REAL hard to pass up!

·
Registered
849 Posts
1. 5000 SETS

larrys has 20 cars 1 tru only passin gasser
classics 5 had 30 cars

·
Registered
365 Posts
I stopped by a Toys r Us 2day and picked up the Larrys Garage 21 pack. At $80- that's about $3.80 per car, so it was just a little more than they are individually... I figure that IS a lot of money for some HW, but then I rationalize that it only equates to a couple of hours of overtime... and why not just buy some more stuff while I'm there... after all I'll just make a little extra- it really is a vicious cycle. Thankfully, I don't have any bad habits or vices...

but anyway, this is a really nice set, and although I would have passed on 2 or 3 of the cars if they were available individually, these are some sweet rides... of course you can just display them as is in the fancy box, or set them free like I insist on.

It would maybe even make the perfect non-denominational end of year holiday present. I'd recommend dropping a hint, or 'accidentally' forward an e-mail wish list to your significant other... or just bring it up in casual conversation and then deny you said anything in the first place:

"Hi honey, how was your day?"
" Fine, sure wish I could get that Larrys' Garage 21 pack from Toys R Us."
" Excuse me? What was that?"
"Oh nothing, I was just thinking out loud... about a Hot Wheels Larrys Garage 21 pack available exclusively at Toys R Us, my, you look nice today, by the way, how was YOUR day?"

But anyway, I digress, and this is all just filler because I haven't had a chance to take any pix, and don't really have any scale real estate to display them on right now... very busy after all, and I do have to devote SOME time to keeping my little corner of the world safe. I plan on building a new garage set-up for all my Larrys Garage rides on the new layout. Pix will be forthcoming....

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
2010 will be Dream Garage instead of Larry's Garage with the other designers' initials on the bottom as the chase instead of LRW. Look in the sneak peek archive on HWC and you will see some of them.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Arry's Garage TRU Set

So far as I can tell....ALL of the cars in ALL of the sets have the signature "LRW" on the bases...FYI
Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts