Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here and this is set up VERY different from the motorcycle chat forums I belong to, so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong....

Hello all!! My name is Matt Rudd... Yes, Rudd... Believe it or not I am actually a distant relative of Ricky via the clan from Salyersville, KY

I grew up as a kid collecting everything I could Ricky Rudd. My biggest regret was I was actually a KID and played with and ruined or lost a lot of the older stuff

So, out of work and running out of options, I sit and look at the boxes and boxes of Ricky Rudd cars and collectibles I have acquired over the years and wonder.... What is it worth...?? Should I sell it now or hang onto it?? I have very few high end diecast, a lot of Racing Champions, some HotWheels, ALL different scales, and at least 1 diecast from the last year of the #5 Hendrick car thru his last full season with the Wood Brothers 21 car.... Don't ask me why?? I never purchased a single #88 RYR car....

Anyway, just very curious on how best to market and find market value of my collection.... I am still working on a Excel program of my collection and getting pictures.... ALL are unopened packages and just sitting in a box in the closet... ANY help will be appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Matt,
Welcome to Hobbytalk! I enjoyed watching Ricky Rudd drive. I remember him as a rookie in the late 70's? I lost touch w/ Nascar in the early 80's but started to get back in to it in the early 90's. When I got back into Nascar in the early 90's the drivers that got my attention were Ricky, Rusty, Mark Martin and Dale Jarret. I missed the the '93 Daytona 500 because of the birth of my son. A friend of mine recorded the race and I remember watching Ned cheering on Dale while I was bottle feeding my son and the experience hooked my on DJ and of course his stable mate Ricky.
Your best bet is probably to track Ebay to see what the market bares. To sell the collection as a whole your best bet might be here in the diecast section or in a Nascar related sight.
Unfortunately I don't remember Ricky ever driving the Ford Credit #88. I remember Yates hiring DJ when Davey Allison passed to drive the #28 Valvoline Tbird. When Yates got a second sponsorship, Ford Credit, to sponsor the 88 Ricky was recruited to drive the #28.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
#88 Snickers ride

Thanks for the input.....

I've checked ebay.... I think my collection holds more clout as a set rather than parted out... I'm just a noob here tho... who am I to be to just pop on the forum as a 1st time fire sale seller???? I do feel better knowing his 16 season with at least one win is safe as Gordon did not win this year...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts