Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Northerner said:
does anyone make a huge scale original enterprise?
i have the big 1701A but im looking for a huge 1701

thanks
When you say "huge 1701", are you talking about the TOS Enterprise? If so, there's at least one current kit that's 1/350 scale (roughly 3' long), put out by Rebellion Creations.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Northerner said:
The original is currently dry docked at the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum... Just outside the entrance to the gift shop. Not for sale though, it's a national treasure.

DLM

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
DL Matthys said:
The original is currently dry docked at the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum... Just outside the entrance to the gift shop.
Actually, it isn't. I was there a couple of weeks ago, and it was nowhere to be found. It has probably been moved temporarily for the installation of a new commercial aviation exhibit next to the gift shop. I presume it will be returned to display when everything is in place.

Qapla'

SSB

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
sbaxter said:
Actually, it isn't. I was there a couple of weeks ago, and it was nowhere to be found. It has probably been moved temporarily for the installation of a new commercial aviation exhibit next to the gift shop. I presume it will be returned to display when everything is in place.
Did they move it outside the gift shop from the downstairs part of the gift shop? That's where it was last year when I was last there, in a big display case in the bottom level of the gift shop.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
justinleighty said:
Did they move it outside the gift shop from the downstairs part of the gift shop?
When I was there, it was either removed completely or hidden so well I couldn't find it anywhere.

Qapla'

SSB

·
Registered
360 Posts
Northerner said:

thanks
Yes there is a huge scale 1701. It's a half scale kit of the studio miniature.
66" long, let me know if you want contact info.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Northerner said:
thanks griffworks, i will keep my eye out for rebellion creations tos kit
Sure thing! There's another 1/350 TOS Enterprise kit in-work, as well, but I've nto heard anything on it in a while now. However....

Definitely consider taking Atemylunch up on his offer, as well. I had forgotten about the larger scale kit that someone is working on, as I can't justify excessively large kits due to lack of storage or display space. From what I've heard, the one he's likely talking about should be quite nice.

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
Griffworks said:
There's another 1/350 TOS Enterprise kit in-work, as well, but I've not heard anything on it in a while now. However....
So you're also wondering what happened to our friends at Composite Creations. Their web site is still under construction and the links provided in the threads last year don't work any more.

Shame really.

Jim

·
Registered
360 Posts
So you're also wondering what happened to our friends at Composite Creations. Their web site is still under construction and the links provided in the threads last year don't work any more.
I thought the guy got kicked off the board.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
There is another, slightly larger than 350-scale fiberglass kit in the works (1/305) that is 37.25 inches long, made from original patterns developed about three years ago. I believe that Square Models is now the vendor. It will be as accurate in detail as the 67" model and 1/350 scale MR display piece. It was designed to be a companion piece with the studio-scale Klingon ship.

·
Registered
877 Posts
DL Matthys said:
The original is currently dry docked at the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum... Just outside the entrance to the gift shop. Not for sale though, it's a national treasure.

DLM
They moved it into the "bargain basement" section of the gift shop now. Yep, take the escalator in the gift shop to the basement section and it's tucked away in the right side of the shop. Pity too!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Trek Ace said:
There is another, slightly larger than 350-scale fiberglass kit in the works (1/305) that is 37.25 inches long, made from original patterns developed about three years ago.
37.25 inches seemed like an odd size until I realized it works out to about 947mm...

M.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Arronax said:
So you're also wondering what happened to our friends at Composite Creations.
Actually, no. I know exactly what happened here and at a couple of other forums. If you want the behind-the-scenes particulars, PM me Jim.
Their web site is still under construction and the links provided in the threads last year don't work any more.

Shame really.
No worries where the vac-formed 1/350 scale TOS 1701 kit is concerned. The master was sold to another GKM company. There's just no word on when the kit will be released. That other GKMer has a number of coals in the fire and are doing their best to keep things running smoothly. I've been assured that announcements will be made here and at other forums once the kit is much closer to being completed.

And that's all I'm gonna say 'bout that. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Curse of the TOS E 1:350 scale

I was looking at my old notes (I've been dreaming of one of these for 20+ years). I started writing notes about 10 years ago whenever somebody started work on one of these.
I have no less than 16 attempts from various individuals/companies. Wow.
It seems like whenever it gets close, something bungs it up.
If it weren't for the MR, I'd be doubtful it'd ever happen.

I still want one of these kits in the worst way....it just seems like it never comes to fruition. :(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts