Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I had a thought.

I am going to write a post card to LAPCO and tell them to lay off Moebius with their lousy "TM" and copywrite nonsense regarding Dr Jekyll. Saying that I will not buy any future LAPCO product that is produced in such a hostile manner.

One post card, one stamp, a thousand or more of us with a ton of negative publicity may make a difference to stem this lousy tide from LAPCO.

Jeff :(

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
You're operating under the premise that they even intend to produce new product. Which I doubt. I wouldn't waste the 39 cents.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Its all a big farce, just ignore them, this all started when the reissued Hyde was
available.Lets all move on, happy modelling.
Buzz

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
What he said....This is NOT REAL....The have done this before....DO NOT waste your time.

Frank would have chimed in by now if there was any problems.

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Might wanna hold off on sending anything in the mail. You would be operating on heresay. Might even be muddying up the water. I'd wait and see what unfolds. I am going to ignore the issue for the time being.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Like We All Should!

So Say We All!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Dave Hussey said:
They are actualy doing that? Well, if its acurate, I share your concerns.

Huzz
Well, YES they are: http://www.auroraplasticscorp.com/services.html

But, just like Scott said, that's presuming that they actually have any real intentions of producing the kit ( or any kit, for that matter ). At this point, mailing them a post card would just be a waste of energy and money on our part. I think it's best that we simply ignore them for now.

- GJS

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
this is nothing but those LAPCO guys . more smoke and mirrors and more than likely NO product coming .
on top of that doesn't the Cinemodels guys own the Aurora logo ?
where were these LAPCO folks when PL/Monogram was re releasing the Aurora kits with the Aurora logo ?
hb

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The way I interpret the copyrightspeak at the bottom is that they could sue for producing the model. So can Monogram be sued over the kits they have issued in different style boxes since 1978? Wouldn't the original Aurora guys claim to anything have been null and void when Monogram bought the assets of Aurora? Just curious..

Max Bryant

1 - 20 of 29 Posts