Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Excellent!!

As a kid I loved the show but I rarely got to see it. Tha's because our local TV station aired it on Sunday mornings at the same time as Mom and Dad were draging me off to either church or to visit my grandparents for the day. I only got to see a full episode when there was a snow storm on and you could not go out.

35 years is a long time to wait!

Huzz

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
I actually bought a DVD set of the series from somebody who tranferred them from digital satellite (not a money making venture, at least based on what I paid...it was trade or sale among fans of the show)

Surprisingly, they look better than the mish-mosh Columbia House released several years ago.

As usual, the studios are a day late and a dollar short.

·
Registered
795 Posts
LOTG was my least-favorite Irwin Allen series. Though I did watch it in the 1960s, I've no plans to buy the DVDs.

So, when is The Man from UNCLE coming out?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Great! only four years AFTER I built my Spindrift! .....man I went crazy re- and re winding those few seconds on VHS to do some of my research!

Good news for anyone who plans on building one though! Nothing like pausing a DVD for good screen grabs or just a nice clear, still glance!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
NTRPRZ said:
LOTG was my least-favorite Irwin Allen series. Though I did watch it in the 1960s, I've no plans to buy the DVDs.

So, when is The Man from UNCLE coming out?

The American Life Channel runs "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." It's refreshing to view a television series that holds up to these middle-aged eyes just about as well as it did when I was 8 years-old. Especially the first couple of seasons.

When will it be available on DVD? When the lawyers work it out.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5482

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
fluke said:
Great! only four years AFTER I built my Spindrift! .....
Think how I must feel :)!

I have mixed emotions about this. Although not a favorite of mine (an ironic statement after all that Spindrift work), it always good to see more classic sci-fi on disc.

But I have never recovered from my lingering bitterness about the awful, 20 year old videotape dub transfer used for the LOST IN SPACE discs. LIS is terrible on disc and a couple of "experts" here claimed that the Irwin Allen shows were too small to get new transfers. Then TIME TUNNEL and VTTBOTS were released with sparkling new transfers. I expect LOTG will probably look perfect as well. So every time new Irwin Allen discs are released I'm reminded of how I got shafted by the LIS release.

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
Brent Gair said:

... I have never recovered from my lingering bitterness about the awful, 20 year old videotape dub transfer used for the LOST IN SPACE discs. LIS is terrible on disc and a couple of "experts" here claimed that the Irwin Allen shows were too small to get new transfers. Then TIME TUNNEL and VTTBOTS were released with sparkling new transfers. I expect LOTG will probably look perfect as well. So every time new Irwin Allen discs are released I'm reminded of how I got shafted by the LIS release.

I know what you're referring to, as I also felt shafted by the quality of the LIS DVD's.
However, the GOOD news is that the next release of Lost In Space will more than likely get the same "sparkling transfer" (yet double-sided DVD) treatment; we'll just have to wait a few more years. :wave:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Brent Gair said:

I have mixed emotions about this. Although not a favorite of mine (an ironic statement after all that Spindrift work), it always good to see more classic sci-fi on disc.

But I have never recovered from my lingering bitterness about the awful, 20 year old videotape dub transfer used for the LOST IN SPACE discs. LIS is terrible on disc and a couple of "experts" here claimed that the Irwin Allen shows were too small to get new transfers. Then TIME TUNNEL and VTTBOTS were released with sparkling new transfers. I expect LOTG will probably look perfect as well. So every time new Irwin Allen discs are released I'm reminded of how I got shafted by the LIS release.
Did you or anybody check to see if the episode was remastered for the release done on Apple's iTunes? It's about $2 per episode and I already have the dvds, so I'm kinda shy about paying to determine how much better they are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts