Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just got back from TRU and saw these New Foam cars.. and i use that word VERRRRRRRy loosely. I mean seriously , who came up with idea ? This has to be one of the most lame products outside of the Autoworld cars by Tom Lowe.

For the time and money it took the designers and factory to make this lame product line , it all could have been directed into better diecast products.. notice i said DIECAST.. Not Foam.

With the foothold that GL once held in the Diecast world , and with it now slipping away , making products like this will not keep collectors around , they /we will just move onto another company to spend our hard earned dollars.

Frank

Lets all see what sits on the shelves/pegs the longest... These bone head foam cars or the Autoworld $15.00 cars from Tom Lowe.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Maybe they should be in the infant section as crib toys trying to get kids early???? I haven't seen these yet but I am sure I will get a good laugh.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right on the mark... maybe these should be put into the bath section of TRU... but dont expect a good laugh , more like a good cry

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Anti-Climactic at Best

What now????
Please explain. GL is now making soap? Is this what you're saying?

And is there a linc somewhere to these 15 dollar Autoworld cars? I would hope we're talking 1:24th scale for that money.

I had such high hopes for GL, and I can't even remember the last one I bought. It was prolly 3 years ago at least!!!

I am extreemly dissapointed. Such high quallity waisted on yet more muscle cars, and lately modern cars and trucks (Y U C K ! ! ! !)
{In no way do I mean to insult anyone's taste in cars, sorry if I come accross that way}.

I know lots of us guys want '60s and early '70s full-size floats and a few want '60s European stuff, but I give up. I'm done suggesting them and have given up all hope in Greenlight for my personal collecting interests.

G'bye GL, it's been nice knowin' ya! :wave: :)

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
What now????
Please explain. GL is now making soap? Is this what you're saying?

Is the soap GREEN like Irish Spring soap (chase soap)?

Does it have a serial number on the bar of soap?

Will people open it and use it?

Look for RARE errors......and don't bend over if you drop the soap. :dude:

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
WhaT??? What are you talking about? I complained about wheels and serial numbers. Now, we can't even get cars regularly. Where's the old GL?

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
WhaT??? What are you talking about? I complained about wheels and serial numbers. Now, we can't even get cars regularly. Where's the old GL?

Yep, issues about the wheels and serial numbers are not so bad now.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
hey, i got the autoworld's for a fiver on clearance..

That's a reasonable price.

I haven't been to a TRU in over a week. Wonder if they are clearanced?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I saw these yesterday. WHAT A JOKE! Seriously?!? I cant imagine the thought process on these things. Some printed flat poster board, cheesy wheels and an even cheezier pull back motor in the box. I could not see purchasing them for $2.00.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I saw these yesterday. WHAT A JOKE! Seriously?!? I cant imagine the thought process on these things. Some printed flat poster board, cheesy wheels and an even cheezier pull back motor in the box. I could not see purchasing them for $2.00.

I'll have to check eBay. Can anyone post a picture of this whatever?

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I remember seeing them now.

I found it on youtube. See the link below.

Suddenly, JL cars with plastic bases look GOOD! :dude:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I wonder - is there a reason why it didn't seem like the video showed any good/clear close ups of the completed 'cars'?

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Are there foam chase cars, or do you chase the foam cars across the table or floor? :devil:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Heck, we can't even get GL DIECAST cars anymore at our TRU's. 3 of the 4 that did sell them are telling me they won't be restocking them. Haven't made it to the 4th store yet as it's a bit out of the way. Unless it's a HW's, diecast is non existent in my area....

Thanks GL, all the faith, belief and completest collecting attitude I had toward your product, gone.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Was that one of the surprise lines GL was talking about for 2012 ? WTF is this c.r.a.p doing in the GL line???? I am losing interest fast in this company, GL you guys need to fix up this DIECAST company.

I hope this is just a bad dream and that I'll wake up in a second...... s*** I'm not dreaming.

I must thank GL for helping me save my diecast money for more desirable castings (not made out of foam).

1 - 20 of 136 Posts