Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you missed Saturday you missed one of the best days of racing this year. We tried for the first time splitting up our drivers based on speed and talent and added a new twist (Pro-Sportsman 10.5) which turned out to be an excellent endeavor. We now have an true entry level class in Limited Sportsman and an evenly matched group in our sportsmans ranks. The pro guys are the drivers that has exhibited sub 8 sec. laps along with great car control. I know some will say this is just a grandnational class which is true, the only difference is, ability and speed dictate your running in this class.
This is something we are trying at Lakeside just to keep building quarterscale and certainly appreaciate all our drivers involved. The results below will show the parity in the classes.

Steve and Johnny

Results:
Pro Sportsman
Frankie Everhart Fast Lap 7.864
Oscar Barneycastle Fast Lap 7.884
Chuck Mortez Fast Lap 7.888
Lance Jones Fast Lap 7.879
Kenny Tillman Fast Lap 8.112
Scott Washam Fast Lap 7.989

Sportsman
Jason Edison Fast Lap 8.163
CD Collins Fast Lap 8.163
Ken Dillard Fast Lap 8.073
Randy Delapp Fast Lap 8.186
Johnny Bright Fast Lap 8.199

Limited Sportsman
Kevin Hartley Fast Lap 8.639
Mike Stires Fast Lap 8.505
Rich Pirillo Fast Lap 8.855
Jack Cervini Fast lap 8.886
Richard Sherwood Fast Lap DNS

·
Registered
206 Posts
Steve & Johnny, I think I can speak for all of the drivers that was there Sat. That's the way to run a show:thumbsup: Never heard one complaint all day. Great car count & the racing sure doesn't get any better. Most fun day I've had since I started 2-1/2 years ago. Thanks for making the changes & for all you guys are doing to grow quarter scale racing. I'll see you all in two weeks!

Ken Dillard #00

·
Registered
207 Posts
CD had a blast you an Ken man that was racing in sportsman close racing at a time or to it was three wide an no wrecks going three wide that is driven see you all in two weeks shack n bake..

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like it! I have to agree this past weekend was the best racing I have seen in years! Anyone could've won in any of the classes. Scott and Chuck I'm ready for ya lol all I can say is TNT, DYNAMIIITE!:wave:

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
I got stuck by Lightning...It was high in turn 1 as I remember...:tongue:
Yes you did and I still feel bad about that, had I just waited and exercised some patience.

Hope those sinuses got better, man I know what that is like.

Sonny I hope we get to race again before the year is out and in all seriousness, THANK YOU for all of your support at the races. It is people like yourself that make the Hobby great. Maybe you can make the Boyd Hughes race this year.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Yes you did and I still feel bad about that, had I just waited and exercised some patience.

Hope those sinuses got better, man I know what that is like.

Sonny I hope we get to race again before the year is out and in all seriousness, THANK YOU for all of your support at the races. It is people like yourself that make the Hobby great. Maybe you can make the Boyd Hughes race this year.
All good Scott just messin with you.

Yes feeling much better. It was a cold or flu bug that just took a couple of weeks to kick...

No problem with the support, glad we can do it. And yes hoping to make it down for the Hughes race this fall.

C-ya soon.

·
Registered
232 Posts
CD had a blast you an Ken man that was racing in sportsman close racing at a time or to it was three wide an no wrecks going three wide that is driven see you all in two weeks shack n bake..
10/4 on that. The racing saturday was the best I have seen in several years and I had a blast. cannot wait until two weeks to run again. Frankie, I hear chuck might have a big suprise for u. can't wait. later :dude:

·
Registered
13 Posts
This was my first quarter scale race and it was GREAT! I'm done with 1/8th off road. I can't believe how friendly everyone is and how helpful they are. I am hooked and will definately be there on the first and third Saturday.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This was my first quarter scale race and it was GREAT! I'm done with 1/8th off road. I can't believe how friendly everyone is and how helpful they are. I am hooked and will definately be there on the first and third Saturday.
thats good to hear ... they have some awsome racers at clover..and ill see u at the track seeyaa73.. :thumbsup:

..psycho #14

1 - 17 of 17 Posts