Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 436 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2012-2013 season starts Sept 29 at 4:00 PM sharp with a trophy race!!

Entry fee for this race is $15/first entry, $10/each additional per individual, sorry, no combined or family discounts. We will run 2 heats and mains.

Trophys for first three places for the following classes:

1. Stock mini sprint, stock motor, 1600mah NIMH, rubber tires
2. Stock mini sprint, same, w/lipo
3. 1/18 Late model, stock configuration, 4200kv, 2000mah 25c lipo max.
4. Legends
5. Novice
6. VTA
7. USGT
8. Street stock final rules not yet firm

We are expecting to have a tech system for brushless motors prior to this event. Be fair, be prepared.

Depending on turnout, this could be a full night, so we will move through the heats quickly. Be on time, the track will open Sat. morning at 9:00AM, $6.00 for practice with the full amount applied to racing, if you stay.

Regular Sat. racing starts Oct 6 at 6:00PM sharp, and we are looking for our best season, ever!!!!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Any of you guys interested in a Integy setup system for 1/10 tc cars it is fantastic for steering throw, caster, camber adjustments nice black hard plastic case. $40.00 I can drop by after work just about any day.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think you might meet some resistance, i'll hire that japanese lady that won the worlds to beat you around if thats what it takes
I'll be sure to give your car some tire marks as I lap you. lol.
In the immortal words of Ricky Bobby, "If you're not first, you're last."

·
Registered
57 Posts
Evening Racing

The few guys that race from up here are getting excited about starting the fall season again!!! We have been anxious to get started and pulling the cars off the shelf to get ready for September!! Hopefully there will be enough guys back with the mlm's to keep the class running for another season. The street stock class sounds pretty interesting, but hate to dump the cash into another class since the initial cost is the worst. Looking forward to racing with everyone again this coming season.......see everyone soon!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can say one thing about the street stocks, used rollers are a dime a dozen. Or a new buggy isn't too pricey, if we came up with a solid brushed motor like the legend cars, the black tamiya, you could keep the initial cost pretty low and the fun factor pretty high. $200+ brushless systems seem to throw a wrench in the economical gears. Might have to do a little wrenching and a little swap site shopping but you could make a street stock for less than a tank of gas in your pickup truck nowdays...lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
You guys should definitely put together a street stock. I know mine is fun to drive an handles like a dream with the custom works tires. Without tire dope. Larry will have to clarify the rules he wants to use at the track, but you can only run so hot of a motor because of the size of the track.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Street stock

The rules need to be nailed down pretty soon. I'll have a new B4.1 rtr in Weds. at $249.99, brushless and 2.4.

I really don't see this as a cheap class like mini sprint or legends. There are too many ways to go, but to go fast, the path gets much more narrow and more expensive and from what I'm hearing, most don't want too many rules. To hold down costs, there will need to be restrictive rules. It's going to be a tough class to keep very many people interested and racing. What way do we go?

We can start with rules being run at other tracks, but they open the door for some pretty high dollar cars that most people will find to be budget busters. It sounds like a fun class, but then the reality of where it can go in a hurry, gets kind of scary. MLM all over again????

I don't want to be a poop, but this makes me nervous.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm cool with whatever. The street stock is not a cheap car to get running and unless the rules are set in stone with a specific motor and esc then I do feel things may get carried away.
The VTA class is not cheap either and it has taken about 3 years for us to get a handfull or regular racers to start running that.
If more people were interested in on-road racing and wanted to get into it running a cheap class I would suggest the Tamiya Mini cars. Like the M03, M04, M05, and M06 and run the Tamiya rules accross the board. The kits can be purchased for $119 and come with a motor and esc.
It is a hard sell to new or potential racers if the price tag to race involves dropping $400 or more.

·
Registered
308 Posts
street stock

I agree with larry you need rules. I think the idea of a tamiya motor and a non programable esc would be good and a 2 cell lipo. I put a small 2 cell lipo in my legend and it was fast plenty fast for that track. Or make it a cheap brushless system like the hobby king stuff. alot of guys are afraid of that cheap stuff. but ive ran it and havnt had any trouble and have heard other racers say they are accually faster. I would like the brushless deal like that because there is alot less maintance. i would like to see a cheap system like that in the mini sprint lipo class also. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
55 Posts
Most places are running 13.5 3300kv brushless in their street stocks. The nice thing about that is a B4.1 rtr is ready to go out of the box. Rules also need to be laid down about chassis and suspension. I have seen street stocks range from stock buggy shocks and towers to keep it cheap and easier to police, to cars with shorter towers and t/c shocks. As far as motor systems go, you just have to settle on something that is going to keep the field somewhat level. The key is you have to rules that CAN be enforced. Street stocks are looking pretty interesting to me, hoping it is a hit.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Castle 4200KV 1/18

The 20mm line of Castle motors have been dropped and there is little to no inventiory of motors. Castle, at this time is not offering any replacement for them. I have 3 with esc's and that's 3 more than Horizon, Great Planes and Castle have. Where do we go with motors for late model? I'm tired of hearing about cheaters in this class, so I'm tempted to allow open motors. I need feedback pretty quick here, racers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The 20mm line of Castle motors have been dropped and there is little to no inventiory of motors. Castle, at this time is not offering any replacement for them. I have 3 with esc's and that's 3 more than Horizon, Great Planes and Castle have. Where do we go with motors for late model? I'm tired of hearing about cheaters in this class, so I'm tempted to allow open motors. I need feedback pretty quick here, racers.
Everyone knows I don't race this class, so whatever you guys decide on is fine with me, but unless I'm wrong, the motors are pretty much the smae price regardless of kv rating. That is as long as you're comparing the same brand. We also know that you can only put so much power to the carpet, therefore at a certain point you reach more motor than you can effectively use. I think the easiest way to keep things from becoming a complaint session is to just allow any size kv as long as they are all running 1/18 size motors. Just my two cents worth, and sorry to hear about the discontinued motors.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree. Because of the size of the track you can only use so much motor. Just my opinion, i am no longer racing this class anymore though.

1 - 20 of 436 Posts