Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
You do know that "La Brea" is, I believe Spanish, for "tar pits", so they're really called the "Tar Pits Tar Pits".

Language lesson aside, that really does look incredible. If you can explain how you got the fur to look so good on all those critters, I'd appreciate it. I have Han and Luke on Tauntauns here that don't have anything more than a grey-ish base coat. I don't know how to proceed beyond that to make it look real.

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Hey Rich the man axked you a question!, I would like to hear that as well.

That kit looks great in person folks! Excellent work Richard! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ziz- I'm in the process of fleshing out the text to tell how I did what. The simple answer is, drybrushing with a twist.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
F91,

WOW! AWESOME! FANTASTIC!

What a difference between the Aurora kit you did and this one!

Found their website....man is that a thing of beauty!

That is truelly a work of art! One of your best!

MMM

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
fantastic paint and an incredible kit . i'll be checking back in to scope out yer drybrushing " with a twist " technique .
hb

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oops, I noticed I linked to the last page! Page 1 is the more "in construction" type stuff, with text.
Thanka for the nice comments guys, it was a bear!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
That's a fantastic looking build up! It sort of breaks my heart too. I tried to order one just last week only to be told that Mike Evans had a fire that destroyed a thousand molds! I was all set to finally get one of these along with a Thunderbeast! Not today! Hopefully, not forever. Can these things be remolded?

·
Starship Class
12,111 Posts
Looks like a fun time at the ol' petroleum pool.

Most realistic painted fur I've seen in a LOOOOOOONG time! Looks like a museum display.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fred, Is That an Invitation? I am a subscriber BTW ;). Thanks for the nice comments all.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts