Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :D New to the forum, just wanted to share a little something funny; If you look at the front of La Fasta, you can see a little nub on the hood where a hood ornament would go. The fender bumps on the side make it look almost like you could attach a track piece to it. XD Yes, I know this is stupid, I'm just bored.

Administrator
You may push some people away from looking at your thread with (clickbait) in it! On the other hand some may be disappointed you didnt have another link to follow! (If you want me to edit the title for you let me know. The system will not let you go back and do it yourself, but you can edit the post content.)

But welcome to the boards!

And be bored some more! I have never noticed those details about the La Fasta before! We even have a thread about hidden details if you know more secret details to share! 馃

Registered
Hello :D New to the forum, just wanted to share a little something funny; If you look at the front of La Fasta, you can see a little nub on the hood where a hood ornament would go. The fender bumps on the side make it look almost like you could attach a track piece to it. XD Yes, I know this is stupid, I'm just bored.
Do you have a pic showing what you mean? I only have one La Fasta and I can't remember which box I put it in, haha. Sounds interesting but I don't know that I can see if from pictures of the casting I've found online.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
sure, replace "clickbait" with "meme" XD. It's prob more appropriate anyways. And thanks for the forum reccomendation :D

Perfect front view is better, but here is an image that captures it pretty well;

Also, happens to be same coloring that i bought to replace my poor abused orange one from when i was 5 lol.

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum and nice hidden detail on the la fasta congrats. 馃憤

Registered
Thank you for pointing that out.
I never thought of that design as for that use.
I only have a couple of these in my collection, so I never really noticed.

Administrator
I thought I had more examples of the La Fasta too! And I hadnt notice the joiner pattern either on the one I have. Different perspectives!

Administrator
That is a good question, but I dont know that anyone knows the answer to it. We do know there are less 5 packs generally available than a carded casting would be. But we also dont know how many carded castings are available either! Based on the number of castings that have been made though (and the innerwebz) - I wouldnt call it rare or even hard to find anymore.

Now, if you dont have internet access - and live in a rural area - 5 packs and sometimes even carded HWs maybe a hard item to find.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
That is a good question, but I dont know that anyone knows the answer to it. We do know there are less 5 packs generally available than a carded casting would be. But we also dont know how many carded castings are available either! Based on the number of castings that have been made though (and the innerwebz) - I wouldnt call it rare or even hard to find anymore.

Now, if you dont have internet access - and live in a rural area - 5 packs and sometimes even carded HWs maybe a hard item to find.
I assume "Carded" means that it hasn't been opened; still has the cardboard.

Here she is but look at that front wheel, looks severely bent...

Here's mien for comparison, it's pretty beat up. Axles are basically rusted to dust lol

Administrator
Yes, that is what still carded refers to. You may also here 'still on the pegs' - meaning hanging on the wire pegs at the store display. In the photo above, the front tire only looks pushed out on the axle to me - it will tuck back in.

Registered
View attachment 315601
Here she is but look at that front wheel, looks severely bent...
In addition to what Milton said about the wheel being slid out a bit I think there's some camera lens distortion going on there. Accounting for both of those things I think it looks like it's probably fine. Since it says "or Best Offer" you could offer them $2 or something and see if they'll accept it. Pretty low risk for $6 shipped. And if it turns out the axels are bent or something it would be a great candidate for a wheel swap :cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
In addition to what Milton said about the wheel being slid out a bit I think there's some camera lens distortion going on there. Accounting for both of those things I think it looks like it's probably fine. Since it says "or Best Offer" you could offer them $2 or something and see if they'll accept it. Pretty low risk for $6 shipped. And if it turns out the axels are bent or something it would be a great candidate for a wheel swap :cool:
True, but idk how to wheel swap. prob should practice on some trashed ones first. Thanks :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts