Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...has anyone ever heard of the Kyosho ZABOON w4d buggy? From what I can tell it's platform is similar to the Kyosho EP Pure Ten Alpha Chassis (shaft driven). It's not sold in America...only in the UK...distributed by RipMax. It looks like, with a few modifications, it can compete with the LOSI 4wd buggy. Check it out at www.ripmax.com/FS_Cars_Kyosho_Readysets.html

It's a "ready set" or RTR for us Americans. Just tear off the cheesy front bumper, replace the ESC for a modified motor, change the tires and this thing is ready for the 4wd class. It's by no means an IFMAR competitor. But for someone looking to compete in the local club scene 4wd class, it's an inexpensive option.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Dude, that kit would be $310 american dollars....... Plus shipping!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually Ive seen it for about $170 US dollars on UK websites. yea shipping is probably a little steep. I just cant believe with all the talk about the LOSI not having any competition, that this thing is not being sold and supported in the US market.

·
Registered
1 Posts
zaboon

dude it is not too bad I keep losing king pin but have a 13x3 turn motor and it hammers but would like to know if there are upgrade parts and where form

1 - 6 of 6 Posts