Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
WOW, super cars MCM! You know, it's a shame that I am not a baseball fan, because I live for stats and history. The moment I saw your pics, I wanted to know about the cars themself. So thanks for not only great photos of these wonderful cars, but a good excuse to spend a little time researching!

The second one is easy... The #5 Giesse is from the 1998 24 Hours of Le Mans. This chasse (#022) is one of the Michelotto built 333's (the first 15 were built by Dallara). This car started 5th on the field and qualified first in the LMP1 class, but was listed as a DNF with a 33td place finish (33 of 47).

Though it did not finish Le Mans, this car did post several outstanding wins in 1998. Cassie 022 made an appearance at the Le Mans practice in February of 1999, but did not race in that years event.

Info on the #30 in a moment...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW, super cars MCM! You know, it's a shame that I am not a baseball fan, because I live for stats and history. The moment I saw your pics, I wanted to know about the cars themself. So thanks for not only great photos of these wonderful cars, but a good excuse to spend a little time researching!

The second one is easy... The #5 Giesse is from the 1998 24 Hours of Le Mans. This chasse (#022) is one of the Michelotto built 333's (the first 15 were built by Dallara). This car started 5th on the field and qualified first in the LMP1 class, but was listed as a DNF with a 33td place finish (33 of 47).

Though it did not finish Le Mans, this car did post several outstanding wins in 1998. Cassie 022 made an appearance at the Le Mans practice in February of 1999, but did not race in that years event.

Info on the #30 in a moment...
Thanks 69Stang and good research.

#5 was a JB Racing Team´s Car.
#30 ran at Daytona. HW has a similar one in Milestone Moments series.

Regards
MCM

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Well, to call the Hot Wheels one "similar" is being quite gracious! It's like a lump of coal compared to the masterpiece you've created with the Kyosho and custom decals.

But yes, the one you refer to is indeed chasse number 19. This was also a Michelotto built car and was campaigned by Fredy Lienhard's Lista Racing through the '90s. Not only did this car (in this livery) provided MOMO owner Gianpiero Moretti his final season of professional driving with wins at Daytona as you mentioned (1998), it also scored wins at Sebring and Watkins Glen. It rode the boat to France to finish 14th overall in that years Le Mans as well.

All in all, one of the great small displacement race cars ever built. Though never fully funded as a factory Ferrari effort, a total of 40 cars were built between 1993 and 2000. To the best of my research, the 333 made it's final appearance on the world stage in 2003, powered by a Judd engin.

Your work is just remarkable MCM. You should be VERY proud of your new additions!

Ward

1 - 12 of 12 Posts