Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a update on the Kyosho Ultima sc truck I bought for my son at easter as his first truck. He decided he had no love for the truck so it became my backup truck. I raced it for the first time at Bigdog rc last weekend and got beat up by a slash and sc10 in the 2wd stock class. So like any red blooded American would do I added some power. I pulled the motor and esc off my 2wd slash (brushless 4300kv motor and 60amp esc) and put them in the kyosho. Wow what a difference. This thing hauls ass (21\82 gears). It is so much smoother than the slash. It handles and jumps like a dream. I can do all the jumps jr can do with his 4x4 slash. ( I have three boys). He still has me in the corners but I can pull him in the straights. THIS IS MY NEW TRUCK . the slash falls to back up. Ill get some video tomorrow and post it here. If anyone has to make this choice between the two go woth the Kyosho. A little slow in stock form but throw some brushless power at it and hang on.drives like its on rails. I cant wait to race it!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hard to say anything bad about a box stock slash,, my son just ran one in stock short course class. and finished 2nd in 2 heats and 4th in 3rd heat after a battery issue. dropped him to last, and 1 lap down. this was outdoors on a 1/8 scale track, only slash running all others where Losi, Associated, Kyosho, if the mains where not rained out. he had a good chance to get in the top 3, but then he would have had to give it up, as he was running a stock XL-5 and a stock T-12 motor.and class calls for a Brushless in blinky mode and a 17.5 motor. sometimes more power is not the answer........

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Sure it is if your running or planning on running Mod SCT class. Not too many tracks run Spec class or stock class in the area.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like how smooth it ran. My slash always jumped nose high where the kyosho jumps really level. Not saying anything bad about the slash, I been racing mine for two years and love it.Bigdog has a 2wd sct class that is growing. Chris is right 2wd sct is hard to coming by in the summer around here. Jr will be running it with the 4x4 slash this winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts