Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked a friend in Tokyo if he could help me get the Kyosho Toyota 86 dealer edition 3 car set. That was before I learned that it sold out quite quickly :(. However, my friend is an even bigger Toyota-geek than me. You see, his entire family are Toyota enthusiasts and they probably have at least 3 or 4 dozen Toyota cars and trucks, mostly vintage... and they even have a small family Toyota museum. So I had high hopes that this friend could help me :rolleyes:.

So I get an email from him and he said he was in California last week and he stopped by my work to see me but I was already gone. :freak:
He said he left some gifts for me with another friend. Well, I finally got the gifts and along with some rice crackers, cake and ramen, there was this assortment of goodies...
A paper craft car of the Toyota 86, a Toyota 86 brochure, and lo-and-behold, the Kyosho Toyota 86 dealer edition box.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Very, very nice! I had money down on a 1:1 Subaru BRZ, but couldn't pull the trigger. Just not practical (yet)...

If you happen to come across another set, please let me know. I'd be happy with just the Hot Lava one...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very, very nice! I had money down on a 1:1 Subaru BRZ, but couldn't pull the trigger. Just not practical (yet)...

If you happen to come across another set, please let me know. I'd be happy with just the Hot Lava one...
I wouldn't mind owning an 86. Prefer the Toyota 86 over the Scion FRS though. But then I'd like an LFA too...

I think I was lucky to get this set as easy as I did, so no real plans to get another.

I do however plan on trying to get hold of the other 3 car set that was sold at Circle K in Japan.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Darn, what a nice find!

Have you tried building the paper car yet? ;)
No, I think I'll keep it as is - I'll get more enjoyment keeping it intact. :) Besides, my fingers aren't as steady as they used to be, or my eyes as sharp as they once were. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts