Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Good News! Just found out about this today and I'm very excited to share the news. All I can say is WOW! These McLaren F1 race cars are so so SWEET! It's definitely one of the best release for Kyosho's racing cars. It's a set of 8 cars, available 2/23/2010! Better start saving!

There's also a special McLaren GTR for its 1996 launch that's sold separately. It is a limited release exclusive to Tokimeki Mall in Japan.

Enjoy!
Josh

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thanks for posting this :thumbsup:

I'm with Ward, I only want 2 MAYBE 3 if the budget isn't blown for that month with something else.

Do you know which ones you want Ward?
We have similar tastes so I'm guessing it would be tough to share a set. :confused:

I believe the only LeMans winner is the black #59.

Denis

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Seriously, I am easy on this one. If I had my way I would take two...one each of the long and short body versions. I like them all except for the #60 and #14. That livery just does not "speak" to me!

What does a set run? If it was reasonable, we could split them 4 & 4. But I really would love to buy just two. And I don't care at all as long as I miss the two mentioned (If I went half and half, I would take one of them of course!).

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hey Ward,

I don't know what a set costs, I only buy a couple from most new releases.

I get mine from eBay but a friend buys them for me as I don't trust myself anymore with a Paypal account - he kinda keeps me in check. ;)

I would want one of each of the castings and I'm really partial to #24 and #42.

Hopefully someone will step up wanting 2 or 3 for themselves.
Time will tell.

Denis

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The MSRP for each car in Japan is 850Y each, 6800Y for the set of 8. The exclusive car is 1260Y. So, with eBay mark-up, I'd imagine maybe $10 to $15 for the regular car, and maybe as high as $20 for the special? Of course, I'm certain that when it's first available on eBay some cars might reach over $30....

Update: As of 1/20, the Tokimeki exclusive is already sold out... in just 3 days!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I heard somewhere that the release price of this set is almost double the normal price of Kyosho release... 890Yen compared to 490Yen.
Due to very limited amounts produced.

Does make any sense?

Denis

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kyosho's racing cars are always more expensive than the road cars. The Lotus F1 cars, the 2 releases of GTR races cars, the Porsche and Ferrari race cars... All of them are more expensive, though the price definitely have increased over the years. I believe the higher price has to do with the licensing and the added details and labor. It could very well be a smaller production run, but we won't know for sure because Kyosho doesn't release this info. As a comparison, the Minichamps race cars are also more expensive than the road cars.

Just my thoughts...
Josh

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
OK, then I'll take #59 and #41. If I need to take three I would pick #39 as well. And your right, we have the same taste. If I had chossen first, it would have been your same two!!! LOL

Anyone else want to jump in and grab a few. If we can make this work, I would love it!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have my doubts this is going to work Ward.

Probably best we get the cars we really want through other means.

If we were to do it, the best way would be you pick a car, I pick a car and so on.
That would be the fair way - but who would pick first? lol

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Your probley right, but I would still be willing if someone else wanted in to split up the cost. But otherwise, it's off the the Bay for one at a time!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I have a set coming minus one of each car and the Gulf cars for me. Cars are still in japan but I will give a yell when they arrive if anyone is interested

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sure everyone is all over it... but in case you forgot, the McLaren F1 race cars are out now and available on the bay. However, the starting bids are much higher than what I had expected.... :(

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
My set is still sitting in Japan waiting for the box being shipped over to get fuller. I have Ferrari's, McLaren's, and Skylines coming. And my British cars are in Phoenix waiting to be shipped. Enough to drive you crazy.

·
Registered
429 Posts
You have amazing set waiting ;)
specialy the British car (DBR9 and Mc laren F1) , I don't ordered the Skyline but I think I maded error :( , anyway it's not too late

1 - 20 of 28 Posts