Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the Lamborghini IV set this past weekend and noticed most of the cars did not roll; at all. I mean Kyosho cars were never FTE HW's but I thought at least the car could roll with a little help. So I looked at some of my older Lamborghini's and sure enough about half of my Kyosho's wheels would not turn. As a comparison, all the CM's rolled well. On the plus side the cars stay put on glass shelves. The set itself was ok, not great. I liked the later version Diable SV and the Sesto Elemento.

I would wager the rolling problem is common with other Kyosho's as well since they like to use more accurate size tires. In retrospect I think it is a trade-off I can live with.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Know what you mean. Pretty far, here, from having all my Kyoshos rotated to display but so far everything rolls fine (don't have anything from the newest Lambo set). I am going to try some of that clear drying craft glue that dries to a stretchy "snot" and dab on one wheel's axle to give me a parking brake effect. Hope is I can pull it out if I want. The cars refuse to stay centered and I don't like em up against the glass door. Gotta do something. With all the stompin and slaming doors around here they'll probably still slide sideways.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The last series of Ferrari I received & assembled had the same problem with a few of them

All of my other Kyosho are fine

Greg (Carsdownunder)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I've seen some pictures of new Lamborghini set and some models look quite disappointing, at least in the pictures. Front wheels seem to narrow and don't fit in the wells right and the whole cars appear a bit narrow too. But as I say, I've only seen these in pictures.
I'm a big fan of minicar series, so I look forward to this series anyway.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Stuck wheels are not usual in kyosho releases. Most of them roll free, but sometimes, in some sets this problem appears in some models.
It looks like the chasis is very tight to the rest of the car and the wheels are not able to roll because are tightened between both parts.
Sometimes the solution is to loose the screw a bit in order to separate a little the chasis.
Sometimes the only solution is to disarm the model and sand carefully the tightened pieces to create the necessary space to roll properly.
As I can know the next kyosho Lamborguini set has experienced some problems not only with the free rolling wheels.
20% of the models has mistakes in painting, broken pieces, or missing pieces.
Very sad to hear this from a company like kyosho :(:(

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20%. That is high especially considering I have never had a flawed Kyosho. I did have a mirror break on a MC12 and I broke the wing on a red F40 putting it together (boy do I still kick myself for that). My Lamborghini set was ok appearance wise outside the lack of moving wheels. I mostly just thought the set was kind of unimpressive

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Maybe Kyosho transfered production of minicar series to some other manufacture with new Lamborghini series. This is possible to cause a quality drop. I think something similar happened with the latest British car series, cars were just not up to usual Kyosho quality.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Tires are my only issue, on just about each I have to resort to getting a smaller tire and that usually remedies that.

It's hit and miss.

550 Boxster, Ferrari 250 TR, F512M, 512 bb, 512 bbi, Carrera GT, cLK DTM, Scuderia Spider, 275 GTB/4, 911 Carrera RS 993, have no issues while the following did in that regard :
Dino, 512 TR, Testarossa, 911 GT2 RS, CLK DTM Racer.

I attribute this to going from hot to cold back to hot with no transition as rubber expands in heat and retracts in cold so meaning when it reforms after restablizing from going from 34,000 feet at like -100 F from leaving at 85 F and sunny to coming to an area that's 75 F and balmy and wet really so weather and climate changes during transit is a major factor, beyond that no issues.

I've got incoming the Aventador, Sesto, Countach and Diablo with 2 Huayra's and a 458 so hopefully no issues on them.

AS to the observation of them being too thin I think that's due to pics from that one seller on the bay whose pics looked squished.

To those who roll them, start out slow, get a good feel and grip down and gradually bring your speed up. Watch your intertia as if you take the car up to about 120 mph it will produce enough inertia to send you flying clean out of the chair.

They roll best on wood, ceramic, tile. Carpet is a little tough depends on the firmness of the carpet, loose you will have issues but firm you shouldn't encounter a problem.

Tires from the following are compatible :
Shelby Collectibles, certain 100% HW,(no current tools, tires too wide), Racing Champions, High Speed, Malibu 1/64 true

Those form the following not :
Johnny Lightning CARS/2.0, select F64,

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have just received kyosho lamborguini set, and I´m really very disappointed with it.
As Atencio said all models have stuck wheels, and as I can see it is not a problem that can be solved with sanding paper and patience.
The chasis and the body are literally welded to the wheel.
There is absolutelly no space to let the wheel roll free.
In my opinion it´s a big design mistake, wheels looks to be too big for the confined space of the fender.
Moreover the quality of the set is just standart, worse than others previous kyosho releases.
I miss early kyoshos for 7-8 $ with high quality and super detailed.
Today we have 10-14 $ cars with worse quality.
I hope at least problem with wheels will be solved in next BMW&mini set, if not....Probably I will save a lot of money in kyosho sets.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Updates!

The following do not have it :
Ferrari 575M SuperAmerica, Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, Ferrari 458 Italia, Porsche GT2 993, Porsche GT2 996 and will see if it will affect the Ferrari 550 Maranello, Ferrari 550 Barchetta Pininfarina and Ferrari 365 GT/4 BB!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts