Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does kyosho 1/64 have rubber tires? I've not bought any before an was looking at some Audi cars.

The help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response. I have been buying rubber tire only diecast lately. My main focus has been GreenLight and Ertl Trucks to be honest. I have been wanting a nice 1/64 diecast Audi to add to my collection and it appears Kyosho is going to be it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yup, eBay is the best place. A simple search for "1/64 Kyosho" will turn up hundreds of results.

What's special about Kyosho's rubber tires are that they come in different width and tread patterns depending on the car/wheel type and the cars' respective era. For example, race cars will have slick tires, modern sport cars will have complex tread patterns, and older cars has narrow tires and simple tread patterns. The same goes with the wheels too as they offer distinctive wheels original to the cars, whereas many other manufacturers will re-use the same wheel design. It's little details like these that makes Kyosho so special.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yup, eBay is the best place. A simple search for "1/64 Kyosho" will turn up hundreds of results.

What's special about Kyosho's rubber tires are that they come in different width and tread patterns depending on the car/wheel type and the cars' respective era. For example, race cars will have slick tires, modern sport cars will have complex tread patterns, and older cars has narrow tires and simple tread patterns. The same goes with the wheels too as they offer distinctive wheels original to the cars, whereas many other manufacturers will re-use the same wheel design. It's little details like these that makes Kyosho so special.
Well said Josh

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I have a silver S6 from the Audi set. I can't remember if the detail is the same as the one posted but I much prefer the blue color

·
Registered
428 Posts
They use the manufactuer tire as you will see small scale Pirelli's on a Ferrari. They are correct for the model.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Here is my 435 horse 2010 Audi S6 just like Stretchdog posted. As you now know the cars will all be factory correct rubber tires. But Kyosho does use plastic bases and thin walled castings so the cars feel very light. Not a thing wrong with it, just giving you a heads up so it does not catch you off guard.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the pictures. Now I just need to find one in the U.S. That $20 shipping on ebay is a deal killer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts