Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SFCobra and i had a transaction for a gold m2 mercury in cube, and life interfered a bit, that kind of thing happens...so, i recieved my merc today with some extra goodies...a route 66 GL cuda, a patriot merc GP, And a ERTL Boss Hogg caddy with horrns intact! he sent me one other, but i have a pic thread idea for it, so you'll see it then, anyone make tiny resin cinderblocks? Just a all around good experience!!1

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
I know you probably take it personally again but it isn't personal. Anyway, I have observed that a few times on these boards that people talked about a trade that took a while for excusable reasons and one party felt obligated to throw in three or four more cars to apologise or keep the peace and it was seen as a great trade. I would not do that. If the trade is about one car, that's what someone would get. If life interfered which it does sometimes, the trade would still be about one car only. My opinion.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know you probably take it personally again but it isn't personal. Anyway, I have observed that a few times on these boards that people talked about a trade that took a while for excusable reasons and one party felt obligated to throw in three or four more cars to apologise or keep the peace and it was seen as a great trade. I would not do that. If the trade is about one car, that's what someone would get. If life interfered which it does sometimes, the trade would still be about one car only. My opinion.
Hey, i won't argue, i would have seen the sale as great, if i only got the one car, i'm just praising his generosity..and he has sent me extra cars before on a trade or sale for no reason, just a good guy.And what am i not supposed to take personally? i thought we had stopped our go arounds, am i under the wrong impression?

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Hey, i won't argue, i would have seen the sale as great, if i only got the one car, i'm just praising his generosity..and he has sent me extra cars before on a trade or sale for no reason, just a good guy.And what am i not supposed to take personally? i thought we had stopped our go arounds, am i under the wrong impression?
Some people have a short fuse, not matter what, that's all I'm saying. And if it was his generosity, that's great. I just hope that people don't generally come to expect it from other trades that might take a little longer.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some people have a short fuse, not matter what, that's all I'm saying. And if it was his generosity, that's great. I just hope that people don't generally come to expect it from other trades that might take a little longer.
Well, i just disproved that theory, now didn't i? all i'm saying... Only on hobbytalk could i put up a nice thread and it get such a response..

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
that's what happens when you play nice, someone always craps on your parade. congrats on the extras!
That's true but it's in the nature of people to expect something for nothing and we wouldn't want to encourage the attitude, would we. Oh I've waited a month for my cars, so I deserve a little compensation. I've seen it happen and I'm not talking about raoks. It's all crap until you're at the receiving end.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's true but it's in the nature of people to expect something for nothing and we wouldn't want to encourage the attitude, would we. Oh I've waited a month for my cars, so I deserve a little compensation. I've seen it happen and I'm not talking about raoks. It's all crap until you're at the receiving end.
There is no perceived you owe me cars for a not quite perfect experience, i'm just praising people going that extra mile to make sure it was perfect, of their own choice and volition..

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I do that also when I get behind a little on ebay dio stuff shipping... I think it's a pretty cool gesture !!! Customers seem to be pleased !!!

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I do that also when I get behind a little on ebay dio stuff shipping... I think it's a pretty cool gesture !!! Customers seem to be pleased !!!
If I am at fault for a delay on a trade or sale, then I would throw in a little something extra. Thats the way that I am as well!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Just like with a business...it's Good Customer Service....you go over and beyond to keep folks happy and that's what makes folks wanna hang around :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts