Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Burbs: I ran my broken chassis for 4 months. I bolted an old Hyperdrive bottom pod plate to the front end. drilled to holes out for the bumper, cut the body post down up front, and made the slots for wheelbase adjustment. I ran it in the Region 1 race and at the Assoc. race

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
EROCK no we run banked asphalt in summer on cap tireas... we got the roar nats this summer to.. check out www.triclone.com the track is beutiful...

the 0700 seems to work best.. if u have one of the og thin chassis versions u are diald.... the stiffer chassis seem to be a bit slower... this track likes flex...

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
SMROCKET said:
BURBS , I know the KSG TEAM guys are planning on going to that race and I hope to be one of them ....Andy and Jimmy are coming as well as Danny B and others ....

EXPRESSMAN KSG does have a 12th scale car and I am sure when they get enough time to procuce one they will ....I think 6-7 cars in the SNOWBIRDS A main were KSG cars ......I will try to get you more info and post ASAP

ROCKET
Thanks. I know they have one as I've seen Dwight Smith with his as well as Ted Flack's.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I run a 195ft low banked Bull ring with 6 cars on it all the time and have had some killer wrecks. My KSG Slider has never broke. This is the best turning car I have ever had. Just a basic setup and it will fly. If you run short track a Slider and Bandit MC body is the ticket.

Tony Brothers
GotJuice? Com Drops
Hobby Raceway

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Which is better for flat carpet tracks (1 pc or the slider) ? and why ?

Thx for the info :)

Signed... HD-SSE-owner-considering-a-switch :)

Thx.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
jeff why havent u been out at the triclone... you fast carpet guys need to be on the asphalt.... u and menzel are no shows...come up to the best track in da US.. its in your back yard... get ready for nats..

and dont say tires are to expensive... cause u guys spend more on foams in a season then u ever will on caps... latere

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Burbs --

It's killing me not to be running outdoors at Tri-Clone, but my schedule is just too full right now to allow it.

LEFTHANDER R/C is doing very well and that takes a lot of my time.

But.. I am determined to make it over there at least once this summer. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

:)

J

·
0 Posts
KSG One-Piece Chassis For Sale...

Check R/C Swap & Sell Forum.....I have KSG One-piece Solid chassis for sale.
Here's a brief description:::

Up for sale, slightly used KSG One-piece(solid)complete chassis,rear pods,KSG graphite diff axle and all blue components, Associated CVS center & side shocks,LRP v7.1 ESC with all power chips, box & instruction, Novak XXL FM 75mhz receiver, box & instruction, Futaba 3PB 1024 PCM radio,battery, box & instruction(no crystal, no charger), Finish Line Steel T-plate(med), KSG 0.63 T-plate, set of custom made KSG stickers, 1 extra KSG blue caster block. ALL ITEMS IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION. $350.00 plus s/h

Thanx

Henry E.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
For the KSG solid chassis, what ride height is the best for a concrete oval track? Do you use the spacers under the front end, and which ride height is the best on the rear? Also what position is the best on the front wheel alignment holes, all the way to the front, in the middle, in the back or staggered?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Danny and Dwight I talked with you's at the Tri-Clone I will be getting the KSG chassis it sounds like the slider is the one to get for the flat track carpet hey? Chuck.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Everyone's been telling me to get the slider for the flat carpet too -- but no one can say exactly why it's better than the solid chassis.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I would say the slider is the way to go at 95% of the tracks in the country. There are a couple that the solid is a huge benefit, like BMS in Tenn. I have run both on outdoor tracks haven't seen much difference, but on carpet slider all the way, for me anyway. There are some guys that like the solid on carpet.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Danny B or any one of the Team guys-What chassis holes are you running the center shock mount in and how long is the center shock?Which hole are you mounting the center shock in on the shock mount? Which holes for the side shocks? For flat carpet.Just need a starting spot.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Bob, I run it one hole forward and 4th or 5th hole down depending on how smooth the track it. 3 inches end to end, fully extended is a good place to start with length.

I like running the car with the side shocks all the way down with a little bit softer springs, some guys like them in the second hole down with stiffer springs. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

41 - 60 of 138 Posts