Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Alot of the problems with frontend breaking is on eo f two things .Either you do a bad job of mounting the FOAM BUMPER or you use the wrong size screws in the frontend ....They need to be 100 degree screws Not 82 degree .....I ordered 100 degree screws and I have not had a probelm in over 10months .....

I really think someone needs to be doing FOAM bumpers already perfectly molded to a variety of bodies ......I know that when I raced tfor ADX Greg Kriaos had drawings for some bumper for PROTOFORM and BOLINK bodies ready to go to the waterjet ...If someone is smart they would call him and get JACO to cut them anbd get um on the market .....

SRM

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Srm...100 deg. screws?...where can I get some..ay link...so you dont run

the graphite bumper.......?....please explain......little confuesd

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
100 degree screws? With the weather around here lately its been very cool, I think the 82 degree screw will work fine. ;) The way mobile mike punishes a car he'll need a cowcatcher on the front to keep from breaking!

·
Registered
904 Posts
the cow catcher can be for the corner marshalls ha ha!

Hey, yesterday didn't go too bad until i leaned back and lost the car behind the rail. I need to mount a niece piece of foam to the end of the graphite bumper. right now i have a little thin piece of adhesive foam because on flat track not many things get hit. But apparently banked is a little different. lol

Mike Voccola

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
BUD I get the 100 degree screws from Fasteners Express .They have colors as well as plain aluminum .......

I do run the bumper but I make sure to have a foam bumper on that perfectly fits the body and makes the body much stronger .Take your time and make it fit just right and the broken chassis stuff will go away ....

ROCKET

·
Registered
179 Posts
The bumper fit perfect on my velodrome car and there's nothing left of it forward of the rear shock mount...........

You hit something hard enough, you'll break it.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Yeah, but you gotta see him drive, Clear the track! Just kidding you Carlton! Carlton has been around a long time and is a good driver and nice guy.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Craig , I here you on the VELDROME ,,,, Love to race that kind of track BUT I have been over the wall on the INNDY velo once .....

I would bet you were doing 60- 65 MPH before the accident ...

SRM

·
Registered
179 Posts
At least. I came out of two and either:

- Had the servo come unplugged
- Got a monster radio hit
- Hit a bump and got aero push

right in the wall. I got to pick up what was left of my car in a garbage bag, but I found most of it. What really sucked was I just ripped off the second quickest lap of the weekend in modified.

J

·
0 Posts
I had a decent weekend of racing even though I didnt made the A but I finished all my qualifiers & the mains in ONE PIECE....that alone is an accomplishment on BMS, no broken parts. I would like to thank Johnnyy Broyles(pardon the spelling) he hepled me on my KSG....reccommended adding more preload on my left front(0.200) & using fuel line tubing to further remove slop on the center shock, they all made the car drivable. ........Now if I can just drive the right line...then I may make the A.......maybe..

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
You keep on worjing with Johnnie B hes the best would give you the shirt off his back ......good luck and have fun SRM

J

·
0 Posts
SMROCKET said:
You keep on worjing with Johnnie B hes the best would give you the shirt off his back ......good luck and have fun SRM
I would like to get one of KSG blue shirt he was wearing that night...that would be nice if he does give it to me.....lol

C-yah at the track..............Go fast Turn Left :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I want to thank Andy from KSG Motorsports, he has replied to every e-mail question that I have had about their cars, and that means alot to me.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
i agree the ksg is a great car... as i wait for my kgb production kit. i have actually been running a slider version... so far the car works... still not as fast as the hyperdrives on our track , but both times this year i ran it i went personal bests....

i sent out my kgb proto to another guy on the team during my break, so now i have no choice LOL.... soon hopefully soon ill be back on the KGB...

also i did see teo guys last year break there chassis plates in the same spot as described.. right front .... one guy actually ran his broken all year... and was fast lol.. i dont recomend it, but it was funny...

hey rocket.. are u boys comming for the paved nats at the triclone.. later

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
burbs said:
... so far the car works... still not as fast as the hyperdrives on our track , but both times this year i ran it i went personal bests....
Burbs,
You guys run flat track right?
Are the HD guys running the 0700 car or the Solid chassis SSE2?

EH

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
BURBS , I know the KSG TEAM guys are planning on going to that race and I hope to be one of them ....Andy and Jimmy are coming as well as Danny B and others ....

EXPRESSMAN KSG does have a 12th scale car and I am sure when they get enough time to procuce one they will ....I think 6-7 cars in the SNOWBIRDS A main were KSG cars ......I will try to get you more info and post ASAP

ROCKET

21 - 40 of 138 Posts