Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that runs the KSG Motorsports solid chassis car, is this car a good competitive durable piece and would you recommend buying one?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I have a slider...It is the best flat track car Iv ever owned....Graphite is fairly brittle
compared to other cars.....Run a foam bumper....Doesnt take much to break chassis...
The solid is a little stiffer...so I would imagine stronger......as far as you question,,
Yes I would buy another

·
Registered
904 Posts
I love the car also. The chassis is brittle though, escpecially if you run short wheelbase. The chassis tends to break in front of the front end screws. usually towards the front of the slot.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Not sure what you are hitting guys, but you might want to stop! Here in Indiana & Kentucky, we haven't seen any problems with them being brittle. The KSG cars use standard T-plates, so any will work, but the Silva t-plate is a very nice & consistent piece.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Meineke , You are correct the car is super fast out of the box and the 1 piece car is an excellent car .Mostly used on banked track SRM

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have never broken a piece of graphite on the KSG, and 90% of the races on the car have been in open mod and as you know speed kills!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I dont want you guys to think that we race down the straightaways and
"KABOOM"...head 1st into the wall....we kind of now what we are doing but when thier is close racing...thier sometimes a pileup....All Im saying is I have broken my chassis and seen NobileMike break 2 chassis's in the exact same spot.....on the right front at the mounting holes for the front end....The car has
a little more flex than my other cars and maybe that is why it is so Dang fast in the corners...........I love my KSG.....would buy another....I wouldnt run the graphite front bumper....Instead put a qaulity foam bumper there....That is what I am in the process of doing now...Thought you would want an opinion from
someone who works 40-60 hrs a week to support his family and stay in this hobby...................................................
Also....With guys Like Danny B and SRM.....these guys have helped me with setup advice for this car.......Another big reason I bought the car...They were a big help.....you wont regret it....

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I have 2 ksg's sliders,never had a problem with them and i crashed hard at st,rock and never broke anything,i'd highly recomend KSG

Dan Dubuque

·
Registered
179 Posts
I broke a chassis at Vegas. A serious radio hit coming off of three and right into the wall in four. The car was only doing about 45 when I crashed it (open modified).

Outside of that, the car is tough as nails.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
CraigMBA, i remember that wall in vegas! Of course we saw a couple 3mm maverick chassis' get busted up there too. I still don't know why some guys had radio troubles at that track, must be all the lights on the strip.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Danny B said:
CraigMBA, i remember that wall in vegas!
I figured mine out. We went back for a SWT race in January and I got them again - during the day, same place in turn three. I was like what the darn........

I figured out that the only thing in my car that was the same from the last race was the speed control, so I changed it to a Keyence I had in my solid chassis car and that fixed it. I don't think they had 3300's and 4 cells and 4 minute races in mind when they designed the one I was using (as voltage goes down, amperage goes up).

So my bill for two races in Vegas is two bumpers, one chassis, one complete set of radio gear, one speed control, and one motor to figure out that the part I changed last was causing the problem.

J

·
0 Posts
I have the solid chassis KSG that I replaced my aging ADX. I was struggling a bit when I first got it. But now I think I have it the way I like it. I run at BMS high-bank ovals....and it's not pretty when you hit the wall at all. The first thing that I broke was the t-plate (2) then the bumper & last week the nerf wing. I have replaced the bumper with a generic from AAA and glue an RPM blue foam and have re-inforced the nerf wing by adding a third hole to make it stronger just in case i have an encounter with those walls again. Other than that, it seem to be holding fine(chassis). I also re-built the shocks and the front end to remove slop and use wolfe long king pins.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Hi JEEPNY , I ran at BMS last year and the walls can break any car .I know ZUBAk went thru less say LOTS of graphite at the nats .... I love that track though ....I went thru 2 ADX chassis as well that weekend so do not feel bad ..... I am trying to get back down there for the 4th of july race .......SRM

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not having any luck finding one of the KSG xcs2 ( solid chassis ),car kits, I got an e- mail early last week from MSA, that it would be 7 more days and that he would notify me when he got them in, but no word yet. Are KSG replacement parts that hard to get also? If so I might need to go in another direction.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Well, my two broken chassis came from two massive radio glitches. They were head on, and full throttle in 19t at the Associated race and at the regionals in practice. The same thing happenned both times in the same spot at the same track. with the same radio.

Looks like the radio needed a new antenna lol.

The car really is great though. However, the chassis seems to break before the bumper. maybe a washer that has a slightly angled upper surface would work? That way the forc isn't applied directly through the the chassis. the bumper would fold under and snap this way. I would rather break a bumper anyday!

Mike Voccola

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
SMROCKET said:
Hi JEEPNY , I ran at BMS last year and the walls can break any car .I know ZUBAk went thru less say LOTS of graphite at the nats .... I love that track though ....I went thru 2 ADX chassis as well that weekend so do not feel bad ..... I am trying to get back down there for the 4th of july race .......SRM
Zubie is a bad anology. Yous should see how much windex he goes through. Just playin Big John, can't wait to see the wheelies in 4-cell mod going the wrong way down the back straight again.

Brian

1 - 20 of 138 Posts