Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 678 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new thread for a new year.

Congrats to Jesse Bean, Brandon Rippons, Andy McClellan, and Johnny Broyles on their wins at Greeneville RC Speedway this past weekend.

Jesse TQ'd stock and broke the track record. He was flying. I couldn't get out of the way fast enough. Good job, Jesse.

Brandon Rippons TQ'd and broke the track record in 13.5 brushless beating his dad by almost a lap.

Johnny Broyles was fast as always TQ'ing and taking down the record in 19turn.

Andy was as fast as ever in modified.

Keep it up boys!

Tommy

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a gen2 and was wondering what t-plate everybody's running when setup in the offset t-plate standard pod position? Do you run the offset one or the symetrical one? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
quinn frazier said:
I have a gen2 and was wondering what t-plate everybody's running when setup in the offset t-plate standard pod position? Do you run the offset one or the symetrical one? Any help would be appreciated.
You need the offset tplate anytime you are running your t-plate offset, regardless of how you are running the pod. The symmetrical plate is only used when you've got your tplate centered on the chassis.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I want to say congrats to Jesse as well. I think he will represent KSG very well. I know he did at Maximus, and Greeneville the past few weeks! Hopefully we can lay it down at K&N this weekend! Any word on when the kits will be available? I am waiting on one.

Thanks
Joel White

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Hays JR so you are saying if you are running your T plate shock brace ect on the left side holes you would run the offset t plate long end to the right then move the pod to the offset holes to run the offset hubs?And you would run the left top pod plate with this combo?

Jake

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
JDW said:
Hays JR so you are saying if you are running your T plate shock brace ect on the left side holes you would run the offset t plate long end to the right then move the pod to the offset holes to run the offset hubs?And you would run the left top pod plate with this combo?

Jake
That would be correct

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Thanks Hays Jr its funny I have ran this Gen2 in about every combo t plate top plate and offset . :thumbsup:

Jake

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
hey guys..... i normally stay away from fiberglass t plates but andy gave me some 0.63" and it's working great! i'm running offset t plate and pod. make sure u order the ksg specific offset t plate b/c there are some that do not mate up. Good luck with the car hit me up w/ any questions. laytr, J...

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Thanks Jesse.
It just seems each time I try one my car is slow in the corners. Put the steel back in and I'm back up to speed. I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
just got ksg spring set in... what is the spring wts for the blue,purple and black??? i did not find it on the web sight.

·
Registered
737 Posts
help please.

i have a ksg gen2 that i am running on a flat 151' carpet oval. What would be a great starting setup. right now i have 35 weight oil in the side shocks and 45 in the center.(don't know what springs to run). the front springs are windtunnel purple right front and red left front. Pod is strait up. right front is in the middle hole in the block and the left is on top. tires are all t.m. tires. black rt front, g4 rr, grey lr and lf. any help will be appriciated.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I can give you some of my sert up for a Gen2 flat carpet 140 foot runline.

Ksg dual rate springs Rf black lf blue

Camber rf pos 2 deg lf neg 1 deg

adjusting holes rf center lf top

left side toe corector

center shock mount all the way forward in left off set pos

Center shock copper Silva spring 35 wt oil

Side shocks blue on both sides AE Silva conversions 35 wt oil

pod offset to the left with fiberglass off set t plate

offset left top plate

ORC bottom podplate

long diff hub and short left hub both as close as I can get then to the pod plates.

Every thing mounted to the left on the slider tray.

BSR foams RR white rf greay lf white lr peral white.

tons of traction with this car could probely ease up with the soft compounds abit but it works great for me

not saying this is the best set up but it has worked for me in the 4300 BL class.

some like to run a silver spring on one of the side shocks some diffrent oil ect.

I ran 83 laps in the second qualifer at my club race last week and second fastest QT main was a reck fest and I put the wrong rite side foam on

Good luck

Jake

1 - 20 of 678 Posts