Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone other then KSG make shims for the front end that fit a Gen II?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
neither the PC or crc shims fit the gen 2 cars as a base.. you need the irs lowered arms, then a .060 base spacer.. then the others work well.. the PC shims were supose to be redeesigned to fit the smaller diam holes, but my buddy never made the changes..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just like most KSG products, these spacers are over priced. You can get plastic or aluminum spacers from MSC or McMASTER for pennies a piece.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Plastic spacers work great and are cheap. however i have found them to distort wear out and compress.. they work fine for just racing, but for guys who want super fine adjustments, they will pay more to have that added option..

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
wacko said:
you get what you pay for...
Wacko, I would have to dissagree with that statement. I have bought the #8 x .03 thick aluminum washers from www.McMASTER.com before and I'm very happy with them. I have also run the some nylon washers with no problems either. The aluminum anodize spacers from Ksg are just for the cool factor. Some racers like to have all the parts on there cars match and pay extra to have each item striped and custom anodized. IMO that stuff doesn't make you any faster and isn't needed.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
MIKE VALENTINE said:
Wacko, I would have to dissagree with that statement. I have bought the #8 x .03 thick aluminum washers from www.McMASTER.com before and I'm very happy with them. I have also run the some nylon washers with no problems either. The aluminum anodize spacers from Ksg are just for the cool factor. Some racers like to have all the parts on there cars match and pay extra to have each item striped and custom anodized. IMO that stuff doesn't make you any faster and isn't needed.
I agree with that. Plus, you can't see what color they are when they blow by the competition on the track anyway
-E

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They shouldn't bottom out on either the pull or push stroke.

You would be better off starting a new Post. you will get more answers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts