Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1001 - 1009 of 1009 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
I bought a solid chassis KSG to replace my aging KSG slider and raced it today for the first time. Ran within 2 seconds of my best time with minimal setup time. I had to run very different spring combinations and rates with the solid versus what I usually run on the slider. Is this normal? Ran the car much stiffer.

· Registered
432 Posts
This is common with the solid chassis, as the solid has different battery placement and is actually more flexable ( I believe) than the slider, mainly cause the sliders mount acts like a "backbone" to say, in return creating less flex. I have even used different thickness tray mounts to take out or add flex to the slider chassis. Hope this helps. Jeff

· Team DCM
1,841 Posts
Can someone PM me a good setup to start with for a flat carpet track same size as birds? Thank you.................

· Premium Member
11,611 Posts
With the new year it’s time to go through and do a little house cleaning. Those of you that have been around here know that at the beginning of each year we go through and suggest that older larger threads get closed and new ones get started.

This is done for a number of reasons. One is to keep the information at fresh and not overwhelming for new visitors. If they see a thread with 150+ pages they are much less likely to go through the thread to get information. This also makes sure the info in the thread is no more then a year old.

Also, long threads have a bad effect on server load and we like to try and keep that manageable.

What I would suggest is that a regular here start a new thread putting a link in it to this thread. Once the new thread is started I will then close this thread.

Thanks!

1001 - 1009 of 1009 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.