Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 1009 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Let's talk setup

Now that a few of us are picking this car up to run lets talk setups.

I'm building my new KSG this week.

What are you guys using for a starting setup? I'm running a 125' flat oval.

· Registered
784 Posts
Set-upsss

Sorry guys I have been out of town for a week, till last night. I will send out my Set-up for everyone that has asked really soon. And probably post it here.

Thanks
Danny B.

· Registered
682 Posts
Don't forget the part about the body or make it clearer so people like me don't screw it up!! My car was real loose when I started running it but right away, even being loose and very uncomfortable to drive, was two tenths faster a lap than my L4O ever was. Luckily for me, I race with Danny every week so he helped me a bunch with setup on my car and made it drivable, it didn't get any faster just much more consistanly fast and much more comfortable to drive. I didn't have enough tweak in the car either, mainly from listening to a local hacker, you know who you are, but when that was straightened out it was much better. I really like the car now and only need to get the offset pod hubs to complete the car how it needs to be and also a new bumper because I split it in the main!!

· Registered
784 Posts
I think you will like the car a lot. Everyone I have talked to has had
no complaints. The car runs really well right out of the box. The only thing we are doing that isn't standard is we are running off-set pod, the kit comes with hubs for running centered pod. We are running the long hub on the RR and 1/2 on the LR. They have the hubs available but I don't know how many extras they are producing right now. Talk to Dale at AAA Model, he should have them.

This is the set-up I have been running, I tq'ed and won(mod) the
snowbirds warm-up race in Ohio, broke the track record(19t) in Milwaukee and broke the track record(19t) at both my home tracks all with this set-up.

Short wheelbase, PF HD monte carlo with the big Thunder wing. Mount the body back as for as you can, Mine is mounted so the corners of the bumper just touch the body. Off-set pod. The rear track width is 7.88". Both rear tires .125" outside of the Rf and Lf respectively. Better tray .600 gap between back of the tray and the front of the bottom plate.

Green Standard front springs. LF: 0 castor, +1 camber, upper a-arm in
bottom hole. RF: 4 castor, -2.5 camber, upper arm in bottom hole. Center shock: One hole forward, 5th hole down. 50 wt oil, Cut down Red
truck spring, .063 solid bias t-plate, .020 shim under front ball. For a bumpy track, you may have to go to a softer center spring.

Side shocks: LR 30wt oil blue spring, RR 30wt oil Gold spring. Bottom
mounting hole.

Run 11-11.5 oz on the LR for weight.

Tires: Jaco LF Grey RF Black
LR white RR Grey
Start with even stagger in the front and .020 reverse in the rear.
Also, if you need more rear traction run pinks on both sides in the rear, then you may need to go to a pink LF if you have too much traction. I have been running pinks because that is how we have been running in Modified, but we ave found that it works awesome in 19t too. The Pink LF is usually too much for a weekly show, cause you just don't get that high of bite in the carpet. So a BlK RF, Grey LF and Pink rears is what I have been running at weekly shows. Then work with the tire stagger to get it dialed in.

If you have anymore questions don't be afraid to ask here or email me.

Danny Bartholomew

KSG Motorsports
Putnam Pro-Pulsion
Jaco Racing Tires
SMC Batteries
Zubak Speed Products
Team 1 Racing

G

·
I have had the car for a month now and love it!!Set track record at Classic hobbies in Akron OH arcor 19T 0 timing and gained 2 laps at Ycity hobbies in Zanesville!!Easy to tune very nice kit.Goodluck :thumbsup:

G

·
Danny,
how is your front end king pins spaced do you run the left upper arm flat or angled?:dude:

· Registered
784 Posts
Hi Mike,

I am using wolfe long kingpins, with two thick black spacers and 3 .020 shims all on top of the upper a-arm and it is the same on both sides.

Both upper a-arms are in the bottom holes in the castor blocks on both sides.

Later

Danny B.

G

·
I'm using 1 degree on a 150 drive line flat track seems to faster thur the turns.Try Mike Bitter at the Hobby horse he might have one.

G

·
This is a great car! Set new Record 58 4:03 (19t 0deg.) at Classic Hobbies this last weekend. This is the best building kit I think I have ever built.

FinishLine Racing Products
Power Push Batteries
Team I R S
:thumbsup:

G

·
Great job G-man! This car is awsome, the track record was broken twice by two KSG cars and locked up the front row for the main, then went on to take the race with a one two finish. Later, LT

21 - 40 of 1009 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.