Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
1,646 Posts
To get the AE shock smooth fill the shock body with the piston and rod in it. Then after getting the air out of the oil, move the shaft and piston to the top of the shock body. Put some oil in the shock cap and put it on the shaft should extend. If it does great!! Now check for your smoothness and NO air. Also I have 2 KSG kits you will need to get AE's .71 stroke shock shaft and long RPM rod ends. Car work great with this set-up.

· Premium Member
1,646 Posts
I think starting with Dannys' set-up would be a good point. The things I changed for my flat track were: Center spring-AE buggy green/ #2 piston w/50wt. oil. Side shock springs: BOTH-GOLD, Upper A-arms between it and the steering block 1-Wolfe black spacer and 1-gold kingpin shim. LR hub against bearing NO shims And RR 4 .010 shims. Seemed to turn well in practice and plenty of forward bite. I'll let you know the final results after this SAT. night.

· Premium Member
1,646 Posts
I ran at ON-TRAX a couple of times this past summer and went from a medium TRC# 6300 to a stiff t-plate and a stiffer HPI progressive touring car spring. The car compressed less in the corners and picked up overall speed. So yes the STIFF t-plate will help but also check your center shock travel and change spring also if needed. Let us know how you make out. :thumbsup:

· Premium Member
1,646 Posts
ROadsplat,yeah I meant PEPE, when I ran my KSG on the local flat track I ran the included .063 T-plate.
Thanks for the kind words also, but bad news is we tried to re-order kits and well there are none at this time.
As far as set-up the suggested set-up from SRM is very good. Actually PEPE the thick T-plate I was speaking of was meant for you. But ROADSPLAT, ANYTIME72 also has soft spring steel T-plates that I have run also and work really well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.