Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
682 Posts
Don't forget the part about the body or make it clearer so people like me don't screw it up!! My car was real loose when I started running it but right away, even being loose and very uncomfortable to drive, was two tenths faster a lap than my L4O ever was. Luckily for me, I race with Danny every week so he helped me a bunch with setup on my car and made it drivable, it didn't get any faster just much more consistanly fast and much more comfortable to drive. I didn't have enough tweak in the car either, mainly from listening to a local hacker, you know who you are, but when that was straightened out it was much better. I really like the car now and only need to get the offset pod hubs to complete the car how it needs to be and also a new bumper because I split it in the main!!

· Registered
682 Posts
Sunday was my first time driving it with a good set-up, Danny B's. I changed a few things, samll things for the way I drive and this week when I ran it, it was fast!! I made a few small changes to the car during the day and hopefully a few more will get it even faster. I TQed at our track, something I have have never done I don't think, and in the mainm if it weren't for some stupid moves on my part easily woudl have won it. The car was over a tenth a second a lap faster than everyone else in the race. I can't wait to go back and try again but this time I am going to get a good start and then have some patience in traffic. Can't wait to get back up there and try it again. The only bad thing is now everyone is ordering these cars.

· Registered
682 Posts
I'm no Danny but what are you running now? Also by free up do you mean just unstick the car or actually free it up, meaning loosen it up? I have had the problem in 19t with my car of turning too much and having to take lots of steering out of everything on the car. After that it was super fast though!!

· Registered
682 Posts
My car was very similar to what you are experiencing. I ended up where you are with the front tires for 19t, paired up blacks. But I had to go to a pair of pinks in the back. I also ended up with a purple RF spring and I know I am running more LR than that, I can't remember how much though. I also had to move the LR out farther than Danny B recommends. Actually I race with him weekly and he is the one that was tuning the car for me the first time out with it!! He wasn't racing that day and he would just sit at my table and tune things for me, it was nice!! I would maybe try centering up the pod? Also more LR weight, mine is over the 11.5 that Danny recommends I believe, not much but I think it is higher. Also throw some stiffer front springs at it. I don't know where the silver spring is compared to the red associated we run so I don't know where to go there. Also is the back end stuck too much or the front, it seems as though your front may be stuck too much, the car is steering too much, and maybe the rear isn't stuck enough to drive the car off the corner?? If that is the case maybe that black RR needs to be changed. I know guys around here run paired up whites in the rear but some also run paired up blacks back there too. This stuff may help but it may be way out in right field too!! Try some of it and see what happens, maybe Danny will come on here and tell me what I said is wrong or maybe most is ok. Later.

· Registered
682 Posts
I didn't know what the track was nor have I ever been there. It sounded to me the car was rotating too much and the softer LF will make it do that more. But I would trust him, he is real quick at my track too!!! Thanks for helping Scott.

· Registered
682 Posts
Brent, I bet he runs it .150, that is where most people do I believe. Also Steve, so what is the KSg in the bottom holes, progressive or linear?? Also how do you determine this? I am trying to understand all this stuff. Any help would be great thanks.

· Registered
682 Posts
At what angle is it linear? I am wondering all of this stuff now, for years I had raised up the outer pivot on my L3 and L4 and really wasn't sure why I did that. Now I can see why it is done. The higher it is the more the car will roll correct, compared to the same spring and preload and such anyway? Also what angle does it become digressive and progressive. Do you figure it by projecting a line from the tplate pivot ball throught the outer hole and then going 90 from that and that makes your graph so to say? Then you bring the line of the shock to the outer pivot point and that is your angle? Just curious guys thanks for the help so far!!

· Registered
682 Posts
None that I know of but it is pretty slick. You cut the block where the line is on the arm. Then the corrector bolts thru the front hole and the ball goes in the back one, it lowers the outer ball down some. The only thing I didn't like, and this is in the instructions, is that with some balls you have to remove some of the threads on the peice itself. I used an AE ball and had to take threads out. You have to be careful doing it though!!!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.