Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
If you watch the first one when Dan drives up with the car the first time we see it it's with the sirens on, so it could only be an ambulance.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
If you watch the first one when Dan drives up with the car the first time we see it it's with the sirens on, so it could only be an ambulance.
Correct. The 1959 Cadillac Ambulance used in GB was manufactured by a coach builder named Miller Meteor. There were a few other builders in 1959 that built similar platforms - S&S, Eureka. The primary difference is the shape of the rear of the car. There weren't many of these platforms built at all. Good luck trying to find a '59 Miller Meteor that HASN'T been turned into an ECTO-1 clone...

1959 S&S

1959 Eureka

1959 Miller Meteor

·
Premium Member
9,259 Posts
Nice Video Mushedroom Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
That Eureka has a funky-looking roof-line.
The Eureka in that picture sits about 10 miles or so from my house. I went down to take a look at it as I know they are quite rare and thought I could turn a profit. There aren't many useable parts left on it. It's rotted out REAL bad. When I last spoke to him (2009), the owner was looking for $12,500... :freak:

It's been sitting on his lot for over 20 years and at one time didn't look too bad...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The Eureka in that picture sits about 10 miles or so from my house. I went down to take a look at it as I know they are quite rare and thought I could turn a profit. There aren't many useable parts left on it. It's rotted out REAL bad. When I last spoke to him (2009), the owner was looking for $12,500...
Needless to say, he hasn't sold it, and you likely wouldn't be able to agree on a price that would allow you to turn a profit. Do you happen to live in the Rust Belt? Stuff doesn't rot too swiftly or severely in Fresno.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts