Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unlike Walmart, TRU, and K-Mart, Kroger only got one mainline exclusive... but it's a good one! Found it at a Fred Meyer yesterday. Keep an eye out for this!

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
A nice looking car, good find.
I've seen where some people are finding it at Wal-Mart. Go figure.
The trouble is up here none of the grocery chains are Kroger affiliates.
It would have been nice of Mattel to give a chain an exclusive that would be available to the majority of the country. There are large areas that do not have a Kroger or a Fred Meyer.

·
Premium Member
8,993 Posts
Nice 2012 Camaro ZL-1 Find Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
A nice looking car, good find.
I've seen where some people are finding it at Wal-Mart. Go figure.
The trouble is up here none of the grocery chains are Kroger affiliates.
It would have been nice of Mattel to give a chain an exclusive that would be available to the majority of the country. There are large areas that do not have a Kroger or a Fred Meyer.
I disagree, it increases the collectibility of the model.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
I disagree, it increases the collectibility of the model.
I'm not sure I understand what you said, please explain because I don't think I said anything about collectibility.
I was lamenting about the availability of the car. The chain has 3500 stores and is the world's 5th biggest retailer in revinue, but they are mostly in the south and out west and around the Ohio and Illinois area with none in the Northeast or mid Atlantic.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what you said, please explain because I don't think I said anything about collectibility.
I was lamenting about the availability of the car. The chain has 3500 stores and is the world's 5th biggest retailer in revinue, but they are mostly in the south and out west and around the Ohio and Illinois area with none in the Northeast or mid Atlantic.
I completely understand your point, and you are correct. I do agree that they should've made the car more available in all parts of the country, but then again I also like it when the cars have regional availability because that increases dependance on trading among communities like ours, and I love that side of our hobby. I live in the South and am not really looking to buy this model for my collection, but I will be on the lookout for one and if I find one, I'll let you know and I will send it to you, on me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
I completely understand your point, and you are correct. I do agree that they should've made the car more available in all parts of the country, but then again I also like it when the cars have regional availability because that increases dependance on trading among communities like ours, and I love that side of our hobby. I live in the South and am not really looking to buy this model for my collection, but I will be on the lookout for one and if I find one, I'll let you know and I will send it to you, on me. :thumbsup:
Thank you very much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts