Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BANNED
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
neighbor does clean outs and brought me these!

is anyone familiar with these?

the highboy ford is yellow, not brown.

·
Administrator
26,604 Posts
The Ford is called Son of Ford. I was surprised how many of these kits I built as a kid!

If you want to add them to the Durham page I will update the castings list with base numbers if avaialble on yours. Nice RAOK!

·
BANNED
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am aware of Tom Daniels customs.
the Red Baron replica is called Red Menace on the bottom No 8014 .
the yellow High Boy Ford is called Yellow Jacket on the bottom No 8014.
the garbage truck is called Sick Surfer on the bottom No 8014 also.
the fourth car is not with these and there is no indication what it might have been but the space for it is shorter than the others.
my confusion comes from not being able to find another example anywhere my search engine (Google) would take me.

and it is quite alright if you want to move this to a more appropriate thread or category.

thank you for your assistance.

·
Administrator
26,604 Posts
Thanks for the names and model numbers. I can link back to them on this page. If you are inclined to add them to the Durham page someday as individual posts with more images I can transfer the casting links to them individual then. (y)

I remember hearing (reading) about a set of Tom Daniel casting copies and copied Red Line wheel sets - I believe over at Swiftys awhile back. But dont remember any images of them. The Diecast Encyclolpedia was the first reference to Durham I can remember. Your 4 pack links them all together now! I also gave you a credit for the information in the Durham page. Thanks! (y)

·
BANNED
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no figurines/band in the truck.
I too have had the model kit and a JL replica.
it is just amazing that this set is so obscure.
surely there is documentation somewhere of its existence.
maybe someone will happen upon this thread that has more knowledge.
and, I realize they are not diecast, but this was the best place to ask I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts