Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kohler command 12.5 hp pro series the problem im having is with the carb you can start it and it runs great for 20-35 sec then shuts off and if you look were the air filter bolts to the carb the whole carb is full of gas like almost over flowing. any help would be great.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Sounds like a problem with the needle/seat not stopping the fuel flow in the carb. You Tube is a good place to see video on how to do this. Just enter how to clean a small engine carb.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
carb

no its not leaking at all its hard to start but when it starts it runs great for about 30 secs and thats when i seen that the carb was filling up with fuel

·
Registered
810 Posts
I would suggest doing a carb cleaning. Needle and seat seem to be the problem. Looks like it has a plastic float so that should not be an issue. Brass one can develop a pin hole in them and fill with fuel, causing it not to function properly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a friend who has a Kohler flooding issue also, says it puffs black smoke, and now it barely runs, and crankcase is full of gas. I'm going to check the needle to see if its either stuck or maybe not seating correctly..:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts