Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals.
I have another Briggs 123K02.
My buddy gave me an craftsman pusher with a (Vibration).
It has a lower end knock.
If I pull the case apart and disconect the con rod.And push the piston up to top
What am i looking at to put bearings in the bottom end?
Is it worth it.Just to put it on a 50 dollar mower?
What i mean by looking at is this:How Can i just order a new set of stock bearings ?Or do I need to go with oversized bearings like in a car?
And whats it gonna cost avg.
Just curious if I should just strip it and put it in the scrap aluminum pile.
As always STEVEN.:dude:

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
If the crankshaft is alright, then just replace the engine sump and lower seal. The bearing surface is machined into the sump, and on most of these engines, is not replaceable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
speaking of the crank shaft

hey man I have a tecumseh 3.0 h.p. on an edger and the guy that gave it to me must have ran it out of oil as the crank shaft oblongated the hole in the rear case (the rear being the one not on the fly wheel side) it is the side with the drive pulley for the blade. Anyway the case cover will need to be replaced thanks to there not being a nice old fashion bronze bushing in it.And the question is :When i was in school we had a few engines that the crank had been scored slightly and we used emery cloth to LIGHTLY repair the crank. The damage to the crank is all behind the outer oil seal And with the cases being made without the nicer bronze bushing will this TRICK work? Or should i just see if the price isnt to bad to get a crank also.I was going to sell for 70. and im into it for a pint of oil and service time.And when i'm done i'll have to see if i can sell for more.Thirty year thanks for the replies as always
Steven:dude:

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
If it's not too bad, then you can likely get by just polishing the crankshaft up a bit. If the crankshaft if too bad, then it will be quite expensive to replace the shaft and the sump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts