Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, but Kmart is a joke and has been for years. Doubt anybody but us HW collectors will miss them.
this was not a post on who will miss them this was a post about the last 2 up coming Kday events and weather they will happen or not.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Kmart here closed in April of 2014. I miss the Kday events, we always had a lot of fun. I will admit though I didn't stop there much because they seldom had new stock.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Even if it's just hearsay from "employees," I would be more surprised to hear that these rumors were false, than true. On the off chance I decide to stop in for HW, I cannot grasp how people choose to shop there. I look at the things I buy on a regular basis and everything is more expensive.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Even if it's just hearsay from "employees," I would be more surprised to hear that these rumors were false, than true. On the off chance I decide to stop in for HW, I cannot grasp how people choose to shop there. I look at the things I buy on a regular basis and everything is more expensive.
Agree 100%. Paying more to shop in a nasty dirty store, with questionable employees.

Though I did randomly stop at one recently and found 2 supers sitting side by side on the from peg haha.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I get that in a rural market, maybe, the higher prices will happen since it is the only thing within X miles. But the KMart in my area is in a huge shopping area. A mall, Target, Meijer, WalMart, etc within 5 miles.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
It's absolutely mind boggling how uncompetitive Kmart is, and that they're still in business.
Just about everything they do is the opposite of what you should do to win customers, let alone loyal customers who come back. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at one of their board meetings, where they twiddle their thumbs.

·
Administrator
37,105 Posts
Mrs Fox and I were watching the National News a few days ago and there was a brief spot (all text) about K-Mart offereing cash back on purchases made now through November (IIRC).

I think the closest store to us is now 3 hours away by car so it must have been a National commercial spot, but wow a last dish effort on their part to last through the year maybe!?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts